Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    totalhotnessinc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
    Job opportunities for Felons
    Hey Everyone:

I have been reading the posts on here and I see a lot of intelligent questions and answers, so I thought I would post my own.

I did something stupid, took money that wasn't mine, and got a four-month sentence ending July of 2007. It was with a federal agency so there is no expungement possible right now. I was told welding was a good career so I got a welding degree from a local technical school and currently have a decent job as a welder. I previously have two associate degrees in Business Administration and Computer Information Systems and a Bachelor of Science in Math with a minor in Computer Science.

I am very grateful for my current situation but really need something that uses my brain. I am willing to go back to school for anything that it would be possible for me to have a career in. I would love to teach and have considered moving and possibly joining a non-profit helping other felons.

Please if anyone has any suggestions, I would really like a job where I feel like I am contributing more and am using the brain God blessed me with.

Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2009, 07:35 AM

The only way to know where you can be licensed - if this is what you are talking about - is to call the various licensing boards and ask, hopefully before you spend money for school and then find out you cannot get a license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are career opportunities? [ 1 Answers ]

I have appeared for the class 12 exams with biology as subject I want to know what are the career opportunities for me ahead except Medical and simple graduation in botany or zoology?

Educational Opportunities for felons. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a niece who has been in and out of jail most of her life on drug charges (user). She is the only one in the entire family that has used drugs. She is very smart academically. She claims that she is ready to settle down and go to college. She wants to major in Criminal Justice. Is there...

Online Opportunities [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience or know something about online work? For example you update websites for companies in other countries remotely? Or write, take photographs, videos, etc..

MD degree opportunities [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me. I have a BS Biology and MD degree, and in the process of reviewing for the USMLE. I wanted to get a job in a hospital to gain experience and for financial reasons as well. What jobs are available for me since I'm not licensed yet, other than research or teaching? Thank you.

View more questions Search