Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    09245745 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Hooking up a dvd recorder
    I have a sony hdtv with dish net this system is not hd I also have a 4 year old dvd recorder . What is the best way to hook these items up. Thanks Mo
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 07:40 PM

The HDTV probably has multiple inputs. Connect the DVD recorder to one set of inputs. Connect the Dish Net system to another set of inputs.

If you have HDMI outputs, and HDMI inputs, those are the best (IMHO). Second best is a set of jacks labeled Y Pb Pr (red blue green RCA connectors) with white and red audio connectors (another pair of RCA connectors). Third best may be S-Video or composite video (Yellow for video, Red and White for audio). I'm not sure which is better. Last best is RF input (TV antenna or RG-59U cable connection).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up dvd recorder [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Dvd video recorder. I have just local channels through cable so I do not have a cable box. When I connect the recorder to my TV I can play a dvd but can not record. I have tried changing the input on both the TV and dvd with no luck. The unit did work before when I had a cable box....

Hooking up a dvd recorder through a receiver to the TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sanyo DRW-500 dvd recorder that I am trying to put through my Yamaha HTR-5450 receiver. This I want to use to record things off my TV. I also have a Yamaha DV-C6280 that I use to watch dvd's. This is all going to a Sanyo LCD HDTV. I think I have things hooked up OK. I haven't...

Hooking satellite & TV to DVD recorder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - like Carol Seguin, I too have a (brand-new DVR 530) satellite system (Star Choice like she has) and want to hook in a combo VHS/DVD recorder - can't work it out. I have a Toshiba TV (Model unknown) which is a combo TV/DVD/VHS player (all of which functions are working fine). Does anyone know...

View more questions Search