Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    braindamage Posts: 79, Reputation: 4

Jun 1, 2009, 06:12 PM
    What do you believe the future holds for HIV patients?
    And for the researches trying to find a cure?
    Second part
    And its basiacally a essay queston prompt
    Mythreegirls Posts: 10, Reputation: -6

Jun 24, 2009, 06:48 PM

I don't think there's going to be a cure in this century. It's become more of a chronic condition such as diabetes, which can be manageable.

People with HIV now can live 20+ years. Taking care of oneself and being your own patient advocate is the key. It's important to be knowledgeable of your condition and medications.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:55 PM

I personally believe that they are very close to having a cure if they do not already have one. The thing is even if they do have a cure, they will do many trials over many years before it becomes public knowledge. There has been many scientific advancement as far as treatment and future understanding of how to stop the virus. It used to be a death sentence but not anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I DON'T believe in Religion [ 48 Answers ]

I, as an idividual do not believe in any religion. Sometimes it angers me when people get offended that I do not believe in God, its my personal choice. I just think that religions start a lot of conflict and don't make any sense. Am I wrong to feel this way?

Who do I believe him or friends girlfriend? [ 9 Answers ]

I was seeing this guy but the other day his friends girlfriend told me that he has a girlfriend besides me. I asked him but he said no and ever since then I haven't heard from him. What should I do? Should I believe him or the friends girlfriend? I miss him so so much I can't stop thinking about...

I can't believe it's truly over, Is it just too hard for her now? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, this is kind of complicated... Me and my girl have been together for 15months!! She chased me in the beginning and asked me out. We're both competitive Dancers competing for different schools, I've ranked quite high in international sections and my girlfriend quite high nationally... We've...

What the future holds for selfeducation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, . Let me know what is my future for education. I am trying to do my MBA but there are many obstacles proping up which is making me loose interest. . Advice Regards,

I don't believe this! [ 6 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, my wife and I were driving about a 100 miles to visit family. While on the interstate we came to a complete stop due to an accident ahead. As we sat there it became apparent that this was going to take quite some time so we turned around through the medium, went back to the next...

View more questions Search