Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krazyLadii Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 05:18 PM
    How do u convince a strict parent?
    OK, I'm 17 and I want a tattoo and/or a belly button piercing... problem is my mom says HECK NOOOOO!! It really sux because I'm almost an adult and she doesn't trust me at all or let me do anything fun because she is afraid for what could happen to me which I totally understand but all I'm asking for is a tattoo or belly button ring. I don't see any harm in that. How can I convince her I'm grown up enough to put what I want on my own body??
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Since you are 17, I assume that you are still in school, living in her house and financially dependent on her. That means she gets to make the rules. I doubt anything you say will change her mind.

You will be an adult soon enough and then you can make your own decisions. Tatoos are permanent. Our styles and tastes change as we go through life. There is nothing wrong in waiting a little while and being sure that the tattoo you choose will represent your personality for the rest of your life.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jun 1, 2009, 05:40 PM

A lot of states just made it illegal to pierce or tattoo anyone under the age of 18- and parental consent isn't even an issue anymore. Just wait.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 05:59 PM

Just wait until you are 18. I doubt that it is a trust issue. I think she wants you to wait until you are good and ready and if you stew on this idea for a year she might rethink it and not give you such a hard time when you are 18 and can do it anyway,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 06:01 PM

You just wait, there is not a good sale for this.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 03:24 AM

Like everyone has already said, you cannot convince her.

A lot of parents (and younger people ) think that belly button piercing look trashy, she is probably just thinking of how you will look.

When you turn 18 then it is up to you.
    If she still strongly disagrees with it and you do it be prepared to find somewhere else to live.
    MissDeBudlieAy Posts: 38, Reputation: -2

Apr 26, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Don't tell her. I got a tattoo and although I'm 20 my dad would never appprove. He doesn't know :)
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 29, 2011, 06:52 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say what my dad always said:

"When you turn 18, you can dye your hair pink and get a chain that attaches your belly button ring to your nose ring. Until then, you may not use 'sun-in' in your hair."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demand for Strict Proof [ 2 Answers ]

I joined a counter suit with my fiancée for defamation of character, abuse of process , and malicious prosecution against a dirtbag who has dragged our family through the mud. My claim stated for myself and my minor child. Their answer for joinder asked for "strict proof" as well as that the claim...

How to Convince an Overprotective Parent [ 7 Answers ]

So, the situation is as follows: I just turned 18 a few months ago; and shortly before that time me and a younger girl (15) had started seeing each other. Im not the type of guy overly interested in sex, as it has seemed to damage my relationships before their time. Basically, We want to have a...

UTI strict diet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I got a really bad UTI infection and my doctor put in a strict diet to see if what Iam eating is irritating my bladder.. I have to stay in this diet for 3 months and then see my doctor again for the update.. He gave me the list on foods what to eat and not.. The section of Meats and Fish it...

Demand for Strict Proof [ 4 Answers ]

I have filed a counterclaim to a lawsuit with several "contibutory negligence" assertments which I have received an answer to which generally denies all allegations and demand strict proof thereof in accordance with Texas Rules of Civil Procedure. How do I answer?

Step father too strict? Maybe its me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey All, Well this is gonna seem like an in depth story but I really need some help here. My sister got pregnant when she was 16. She had her daughter and then a year later became pregnant again with her son. Ever since she was pregnant with her daughter I have emotionally and financially...

View more questions Search