Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Hi Runner,

Here is a link showing root caries (decay). If you are STILL getting a lot of decay discuss with your dentist the option of having fluoride trays made so you can give yourself fluoride treatments at home on a regular basis. If you continue to use the ACT be sure you are using it as directed, swishing for no less than one minute either once or twice a day (depending on the type) AFTER brushing AND flossing. Try to avoid the cinnamon flavouring as it causes the mouth to dry.

Here is the link:Root Caries
    Runner822 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 02:04 PM

The brown on the teeth were due to cavities in the roots I am having one tooth extracted and two more root canals. Also I am having a filling looked at in my last botton right molor because it is very sensitive. Also I asked the dentist for fluoride trays and he will make a mold of my teeth and provide them to me. He said the roots cavities were due to poor brushing after the quadrent scaling (so I guess this one is my fault).
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 02:52 PM
    You wouldn't have gotten decay that quickly after the quadrant scaling. Also, did they not go over proper brushing with you before or at the quadrant scaling appointment?
    If you have issues with your mouth feeling dry a lot of the time you should consider using gum or mints that contain xylitol.

It sounds like you are paying for your dentists new car or winter vacation! :)

Dec 18, 2009, 02:57 PM

Flossie they did not go over proper brushing with me is it different then how you would normally brush after quadrant scaling?

What brand of gum contains xylitol?

Also I am thinking about getting denters. What are the pro's and con's.

The dentist said that when he filled the cavity in the bottom right molar it was really deep and he wasn't sure if the filling would be sensitive he is suggesting another root canal. Also he is suggesting a dental cleaning every 3-months thoughts?
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Runner,

I'd suggest you purchase an Oral B Triumph power brush if you don't have one already. This is the one I highly recommend Oral-B Triumph with SmartGuide Electric Toothbrush

SPRY is a gum or mint with xylitol in it. It is available in the pharmacy area of your store. There is another one called ZAPP but I'm not sure if you have to buy it online but it IS made in the USA.

After all the dental work you have had done why on earth would you consider dentures now?? :confused::eek: You really need to figure out what it is that is causing your decay problem.
    If you like, you can PM me and I can see what I can do to help figure out where the problem lies.

If the filling has been done and you aren't experiencing any sensitivity that could be a good thing. A tooth can be sensitive for a few weeks when a filling has been placed that is close to the nerve so if you can put up with any sensitivity you may have for a few weeks you may find it will settle down on its own and a root canal could be avoided.:D

Jan 15, 2010, 04:34 PM

I would love to PM you to dicuss where my decay problem lies. Can you please tell me how to do that.
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 09:40 PM
    Click on my name and the drop bar gives you options. Click on send private message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to get a boulder (big rock) and how much? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister saw a quote for $85 per ton. How much would one of these weigh? One big enough to put close to the fire and sit on. She is close to Montreal, if you happen to have any specifics about there. Thank you so much.

Interrogs in Colorado [ 23 Answers ]

My company was awarded compensation in an small claims case in Colorado. The defendant has filed the interrogs with the court, but we have not received them. Is the defendant legally required to provide us with a copy? Also, the court will not provide us with a copy unless I go down to the...

Attaching wooden fence to boulder retaining wall [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a community on a hill. The lots are all terraced. I want to build a wooden fence on my property line. Six ft. panel fences are all that my CC&Rs allow. If I build to the side of the rocks and in the soil I will lose almost 2' of property. How can I attach a fence to the boulders?

View more questions Search