Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cholo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Breast discharge
    I'm a 42 year old woman that in the past few month I been have a breast discharge, I know that I'm not pregnet, so I would like to know what it is happening with me? I thank you in advance for your time and help.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 03:35 PM

Is this from one or both? Any specific color? Is the discharge present on its own or only with expression of the nipple? Happen around the time of a period or no specific time?

Sometimes it is simply due to hormone changes... perhaps higher prolactin levels. Would be wise to let your doctor know as they may want to check into possible reasons.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 04:52 AM
    Do you do your monthly breast exams? Any lumps? When was your last mammogram?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast Discharge [ 5 Answers ]

I am sixteen years old and on Monday I noticed some discharge coming from my left breast. I went to the doctor that day and he sent me to get a pregnancy test and some blood test for hormones. I have never had sex, but end of January early February, I had anal sex with the use of a condom. I had...

Breast discharge [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm brandie. And I'm concerened about my breast leaking a creamy discharge,and can squirt. Might be milk not sure (looks like milk). I have no pain, not pregnant. & haven't had a baby in 10 yrs.im 34 yrs.young.its been like thiss for a long time, but getting to be more fluid leaking,but only...

Breast Discharge(Continued) [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so in my previous question, I asked if my milk breast discharge was a cause of me being pregnant or if my hormone prolactin(mabye) was high or whatnot. Well, I got both of those test results back, and pregnancy came back negative, and the hormone came back normal. I just finished my period,...

Dark watery discharge from breast [ 4 Answers ]

I was giving myself a self breast exam last night and when I pressed down on the right side of my left breast a dark watery discharge came out. I then check my right breast and the watery discharge from the right side also was yellowish. Could anyone give me a idea of what is wrong?:(

Green discharge out of one breast! Have a clue? [ 9 Answers ]

OK, don't get worked up. I am scared of the doctor at times as well. Im not trying to make you upset, I'm just trying to get all the facts. How old are you? You are right, typically women don't start having steady mammograms until they are mid 30s-40s. I was just asking, because I would have...

View more questions Search