Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SailorMark Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Jun 1, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Riding Lawnmower leaves a strip of grass.
    I have a Huskee Supreme (MTD) riding lawn mower with 18hp briggs and stratton engine and 42 inch deck. When mowing, it leaves a strip of grass right about where the right blade spindle would be (or just inside the right tire) as I mow. As the blades are rotating blades I am very confused as to how this happens and can't think of the fix for it. The Mower is 6 years old but in excellent condition and the blades are two years old but in great shape when I inspected them this morning.

Any ideas?
    noideaguess Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 06:11 AM
    I have a ride on mower which I bought second hand and it always left a strip up the middle, I found that one of the blades was put on upside down so check that your blades on your mower are up the right way and have not worn down. Also check bearings and belts.
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jun 22, 2009, 09:11 PM

I miss my MTD Mower . The problem is with your blade. Could be dull, bent, or even broken which I doubt or you would fell a vibration .
    SailorMark Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Jul 1, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 321543 View Post
    I miss my MTD Mower . The problem is with your blade. Could be dull, bent, or even broken which I doubt or you would fell a vibration .
    I had the blades changed. Seems the blades were an inch shorter than the ones that were supposed to be on the mower!
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jul 1, 2009, 11:31 AM

I have a new Cub Kubota . I suggest to you, Keep your MTD running as long as you can. They don't make them like they used too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fix my riding lawnmower deck [ 1 Answers ]

My craftsman riding mower deck is very uneven one side is on ground other 3in higher can it be fixed

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

Antique riding lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a old riding lawnmower. Its belt driven It's a work horse 700. Has pedals like an old 9n ford tractor

Riding lawnmower oil filter [ 3 Answers ]

When changing the oil in my Wizard Riding Lawnmower, is there a filter that I have to change out? Thank you for your help.

View more questions Search