Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mzlady2323 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Why is this happen
    My boyfriend ex had contact him and told him that he get back with her the grandmother will give back the girls. The girls are in CPS and they gave the rights to the grandmother and they took his rights from him and her and I want to know since they took the rights from him do he still have to pay child support to the grandmother and can the grandmother say that she will give back the girls if they get back together and get a place to stay? Somebody please help me
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 12:08 PM

Your post was a little hard to understand so let me make sure I'm reading it right and correct me if I'm wrong on anything. Your ex-boyfriend's daughters were taken by cps and custody was given to their grandmother. Now your ex-boyfriend needs to know if he still has to pay child support and if its up to the grandmother to decide when she gives the girls back.
    If I've understood your question correctly, its not up to the grandmother to decide when the girls can go back with their father since she's been given custody by CPS. She may be able to write a letter of recommendation or talk to CPS and tell them when she thinks its safe for the girls to go back but ultimately it won't be up to her at this point. As for the child support I do believe he is still required to pay it. I'm going off my own experience here so I can't cite any specific laws or anything, but when my aunt and uncle had guardianship over my brother and me, they had to go to court and have my father's previous child support order amended. He had been ordered before to pay my mother support for my siblings and me. They had to have the order changed so that he paid my mother for my siblings that were with her, and he paid my aunt and uncle for my brother and me. So I'm not entirely sure who he should be paying at the moment but I do believe he still has to pay.
    Mzlady2323 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 12:14 PM

Yes user you are right but their right was terminate so do he still have to pay child support for his girls. His ex had called him and told him that if he got back with her and found apartment together that her mother will give them back the girls.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 12:32 PM

The ex is wrong to have said that because its not up to her or the grandmother. Once cps gets involved its no longer up to the parents.
    Were his rights actually terminated or did he just lose custody? If his rights were actually terminated he may not longer have to pay child support but that also means that he won't get the girls back. At least not anytime soon and not without a whole lot of court and legal stuff.if he only lost custody it's a different story.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2009, 10:26 AM

Sounds fishy to me. The rights were taken away from him and her so their being together shouldn't have anything to do with it.

He needs to contact the CPS worker and verify that. What should have happened is they give her and him mandates to comply with and then it is determined if they get the kids back. He should have a list of requirements that they want him to follow up on depending on why the kids were taken off them. Like take parenting classes, domestic violence classes, or whatever.
    Once your rights are terminated you really can't get them back.

I suspect she is just saying that to get him back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Will Happen To Me! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and I was caught shoplifting from meijer. I stole two watches and two bottles of colonge. This added up to a total of $70.00. But the two bottles of colonge were tester bottles which means it would be larceny from the company, because you can't sell tester bottles. In the state of...

What can happen [ 2 Answers ]

What will happen id a 17 year old boy ask out a 13 year old girl?:)

What will happen next? [ 4 Answers ]

What is going to happen next if the court ordered my child's father and I to go to mediation, and it was canceled because he didn't pay his part of it.(It's concerning custody and child support)? Also he is really behind in child support and this is a plot to try to get out of paying it. Ha Ha

What will happen to my dog? [ 12 Answers ]

What happens to animals other that humans when they die? Are they supposed to go to heaven or not? Why or why not?

View more questions Search