Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonysgrlaz Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 09:58 AM
    What are heel spurs?
    I have had pain in both heels for months now.. but I try to ignore it. When I sit down and then try to stand up I get the absolute worst stabbing pains in both my heels. It feels like tiny daggers are stabbing into my heels and I walk like Frankenstein because of the pain. Whether I'm in my car and I go to get out and stand up, there's the pain. Or the worst is first thing in the morning or in the middle of the night when I get out of bed to go to the bathroom. The pains are incredible and I have to walk on my tippy toes to avoid the agony. What is this? Is it heel spurs like some people have said to me? Or is it plantar fasciitis? Or is it something else? I have a Dr. appt. but not for a few weeks... what can I do to alleviate some of this discomfort in the meantime?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 10:19 AM

Heel spurs are small bony projections that grow where they cause pain. The body usually absorbs them slowly, but it can take a couple of years. Surgery is often performed to grind them away, especially if they're very painful.

About.com - Heel Spurs

Plantar faciitis is one of the most common foot ailments. It's an inflammation of the plantar fascia (on the bottom of the foot).

Wikipedia - Plantar Faciitis

From your description, it sounds like bone spurs is a definite possibility -- except that one wouldn't expect it in both heels at the same time. Did you have an injury?

I assume you've tried ibuprofen or aspirin.

Jun 1, 2009, 10:24 AM
    No injuries... the problem is I have bunions on both feet, so I try not to wear enclosed shoes. In fact, I wear flip flops all the time and in the house I walk bearefoot. I have tried ibuprophen, to no avail. I go to the Dr. in 2 weeks. When I wear sneakers the pain is gone, just when I walk barefoot it's unbearable.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 10:27 AM
    When I wear sneakers the pain is gone, just when I walk barefoot it's unbearable.
    Solution: wear sneakers... :D

I'm not sure what else to recommend. Ibuprofen doesn't work for sharp pain, and anything stronger requires a prescription.

Jun 1, 2009, 10:30 AM

I would love to, but then the bunions start hurting from the sides of the sneakers pressing on them... hence the flip flops!! I can't win!!
    Brice123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 05:50 AM
    When it comes to purchasing swords and daggers, it's best to find a source that has a wealth of experience in Renaissance costumes, pirate costumes, and medieval swords. The best selection and greatest knowledge base can be found online, most likely from a company that specializes in costumes and chivalry sports. There, you will find the best selection at all price points, ranging from economical decorative weaponry to authentic replicas of period pieces. These specialty sites often have a wealth of information, such as a Renaissance Faire finder and links to other resources, that will enable you to get the most enjoyment from your costumes and weaponry.
    http://www.swordsswords.com/Daggers.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heel Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with Fallen Arches. Since I changed the type of shoes I wear and wear orthotics with "flat" shoes, my arch pain has decreased tremendously. However, I now have a centralized pain in both heels. The pain subsides after applying direct pressure for a minute or so. It hurts while I...

Heel spurs and nausea [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I actually have two questions: *Does anyone know how to prevent heel spurs before they even develop symptoms? When standing I feel like all my body weight is pressed on my heels and this makes me tired quickly. My mom recently developed it (within the last year) and I know it can be...

Heel pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a runner. I just had a baby 5 months ago and I ran through the whole pregnancy. I did a 10K race about 2 weeks ago and really pushed myself to get a good time. My problem is the run I did right after this race I noticed half way through it that I got a shooting pain on the inner part of...

Painful heel [ 2 Answers ]

44 years old Female 175lbs 5'8 I have been experiencing sharp heel pains on the right side of my left foot.

Heel Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Pain In The Side Of My Heel On My Right Side Of My Heel And It Is Killing Me What Could It Be

View more questions Search