Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jun 1, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Loading Windows 7 over Vista
    I currently have Vista on my computer. Which I would like to get rid of.

1) I have read that Windows 7 be loaded over Vista. Would this be an improvement or just provide me with a different set of problems?

2) Can Vista be completely removed during the process or do they have to run in parallel?

3) Will Vista versions of programs run in Windows 7?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 08:40 AM

The Windows 7 Release candidate is available (a beta-version that will eventually become inactive). I would not recommend installing this over Vista at this time. The final release is supposed to be later this year:

Welcome to Windows 7

1. probably an improvement.
    2. you can never remove everything unless you do a clean install.
    3. probably.

Windows 7 requires more from the hardware. If you have a Vista-compatible machine, I suspect you won't have any problems (except possibly driver problems, but hopefully most of them will be solved when the final release comes out).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Loading Programs into Windows ME [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to load the netgear program for usb wireless network card "wg111v2" and had the following happen: 1. It froze the computer and had to reboot 2. The program would not run when double clicked. Any help will be very much appreciated. Rajen

Windows XP won't finish loading [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running Windows XP media center. When I start the computer up everything looks great but either nothing happens when I click on the start menu or icons or I get the hourglass that dosen't go away. Control, alternate, delete will not work either so I can't see what processes are running and...

Loading windows 98se [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am tying to load windows 98se after I fdisk and format the PC. The cd loads and starts installing 98se but it gets to a certain point and the PC goes to a blue screen and stops installing. I thought it was the hard drive so I put a new one in and it did the same thing

View more questions Search