Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 10:09 AM
    It is hard to go through a divorce, and come out the other end intact. Then to have to realize again that things aren't going to change, and he is still a player.

It seems to me he wants to have his cake and eat it too. Maybe he has not fully let go of you, or realized just what broke you up in the first place. Maybe he never will have any insight, and will continue to go through life with a string of broken relationships.

What might be helpful, is get yourself a diary. When you start having doubts, write them out, and get it out of your system. Look at what you write critically. "he gave me another 24 roses today, and wants to take me to Hollywood for a week's vacataion". When you write it out, take a good look at it, and realize, and write, that this behaviour has happened before. What was the last time all about, and what happened when you accepted his proposal.

You will eventually see patterns to his behaviour, he may just up the gifts, and try different approaches, but he is essentially the same person. If here weren't, he wouldn't have other women on the go.

You may never overcome the love you feel for him, and always have a soft spot in your heart for how things could have been. When you feel yourself fading, remember your notes, and get yourself a cup of tea, and read them over. Love is simply not enough.

I think you are a lot further on than you think you are. It is easy to have your confidence knocked a bit, but just think of how it was, and how it would likely be again.
    LUCKYFROG0 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 10:19 AM
    I told him not to call or text or come in contact with me ever again, he really has hurt me emotionally and mentally.
    TLMORGAN Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2009, 12:04 AM
    Look at it this way. He lied, cheated and made a fool out of you. He used you for some one night stands and had his way with you under false hope. If what I said did not piss you off a little towards him then you need help. If what I said pissed you off at me then he has not treated you bad enough, then go on and get treated like that some more.
    You girls need to learn when god made you he did a wonderful thing. Speaking from my past ways from which I am glad to say I have changed, women are the most beautiful thing god ever made. And everyone of you should be treated like a queen! Good luck young lady I hope you have a great life
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:37 PM

What a mess and since you both need time and space, take it and get serious about improving your own life and let him have a chance at improving his without you.

Click on the stickies link in my signature, and see how others handle a break up (divorce). Healing starts with cutting all contact with each other.
    TLMORGAN Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Talaniman,
    You are a very wise person!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 07:47 PM
    I'll second that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search