Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 07:39 AM

Hello again, s:

You're dancing around some truth that you don't want to reveal. I'll bet it WOULD effect ALL the answers you've received so far...

Look, we're NOT the cops... So, why don't you spill it?? Otherwise you're going to get BAD INFORMATION!!

excon
    silverstein Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 07:47 AM

I have some debts that I have been fighting via DV letters.

I want to protect my equipment I use for work in case they come down on me with summons in the future.

I always wanted to start an INC but never did, I waited to long.

I just can't afford my items be taken away if a court ruling goes in their favor.

NO I Haven't been summoned or anything.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    You talked about "protecting" them, but if you're protecting them from a judgment, what you're doing is NOT protecting them, but committing fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstein View Post
    I want to protect my equipment I use for work in case they come down on me with summons in the future.
    Hello again, s:

Bingo!

excon

Jun 1, 2009, 07:58 AM

So I can't start a business

I have to wait until I am summoned (if at all)
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 08:00 AM

Hello again, s:

You can START and run any business your heart desires. What you CAN'T do, is transfer assets in order to hide them. It's FRAUD!

excon

Jun 1, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Ahh OK

Thinking about it now, the assets are nothing special, rather keep all business purchases new direct from the INC instead of transferring in personal items.

Much less hassle.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 08:08 AM

Hello again, s:

If you have NOTHING to protect, then starting a corporation is a waste of time and money. Without doing ANYTHING, you are a sole proprietorship. That means YOU are a business. Take your equipment and go to work.

excon

Jun 1, 2009, 08:12 AM
    And the reason for INC was not to avoid items getting taken

The #1 reason and #2 and #3 were mainly to avoid personal injury litigation in case someone gets hurts , had a close call once and ever since then I knew I had to INC to separate myself from personal liability just in case.

Then that person told me about personal property transferring into his INC and how he protected his items

And that's how this whole thing started in terms of finding out more information and if his latter statement was true.

Thanks excon
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 08:32 AM
    the #1 reason and #2 and #3 were mainly to avoid personal injury litigation in case someone gets hurts , had a close call once and ever since then I knew I had to INC to seperate myself from personal liability just in case.

Then that person told me about personal property transferring into his INC and how he protected his items
    Hello again, s:

You're being dunned by bill collectors. You, apparently, have NO money. Your only assets appear to be your equipment. If somebody fell down and sued you, they'd get NOTHING.

Therefore, you have NOTHING to protect, and forming a corporate identity at this time is a waste of time and money.

excon

PS> If you have extra money, BUY insurance. That'll protect you better anyway.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 09:01 AM
    and what happens if the judge or the plantiff does produce evidence and you were deny it?

can you be arrested?
    Silverstein, I'm confused. Are you Rentedog?

And I'm also confused about the meaning of the question. Are you asking what would happen if the original poster ("OP")=Rentedog were to deny the truth of the plaintiff's evidence? It's normally a "his word against yours" matter, the judge believes the most believable side, and that's the end of it. It would only be when the defendant's testimony is obviously, and beyond a reasonable doubt, a lie (knowing falsehood) that the defendant could be charged with perjury. Very rare.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 09:03 AM
    and what happens if the judge or the plantiff does produce evidence and you were deny it?

can you be arrested?

No, you can't be arrested.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2009, 12:10 PM
    can you explain this please

you mean they dont have to show signed contracts anymore?
    If you apply for a credit card online, then there is no signed contract. Instead, the card issuer captures your IP address and some personal info that you have to supply to verify that you are you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2009, 12:15 PM

can you be arrested?
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. Are you asking for the OP or for yourself? If for yourself, let me know and I will move it to your thread.

As noted, you can't be arrested. A judge doesn't produce evidence, they just rule on its validity. If the plaintiff produces evidence that the judge accepts as proof of the debt, the defendant loses.

Jun 1, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Silverstein, I'm confused. Are you Rentedog?

And I'm also confused about the meaning of the question. Are you asking what would happen if the original poster ("OP")=Rentedog were to deny the truth of the plaintiff's evidence? It's normally a "his word against yours" matter, the judge believes the most believable side, and that's the end of it. It would only be when the defendant's testimony is obviously, and beyond a reasonable doubt, a lie (knowing falsehood) that the defendant could be charged with perjury. Very rare.
    I see

No I'm not rentedog, just trying to understand

Jun 1, 2009, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    If you apply for a credit card online, then there is no signed contract. Instead, the card issuer captures your IP address and some personal info that you have to supply to verify that you are you.
    Oh I see

Yea everything I have done was at least done with a written application.

Ok that explains it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Debt collector called 7/8 years old credit card bill! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a call from a debt collector for a old credit card bill (7/8 years). They are trying to collect the money with interested up to now. What should I do? I live in Kansas. Kansas Statutes of Limitations are: 1) Written agreement, contract or promise: 5 years. 2) Expressed or implied...

Bill collector [ 2 Answers ]

Are bill collectors allowed to contact your people on your street and do I have any recourse can I sue them. Thank you

Bill Collector trying to collect Corporate debt [ 2 Answers ]

Almost 8 years ago, I owned a restaurant with my husband. It was incorporated. When we divorced, I left and he kept the business. Several years later, it went out of business. At that time, we had a contract with a credit card machine company. It was a four year contract, where they would...

Can I go to jail for nohaving the money to pay a bill collector [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I owe a bill in Texas for $1,800 I have lost my job and I have no way of paying at this time. A bill colletor called me and told me I had to pay 700 up front and that if not I would be taken to court. I talked to a few people and they said I should try to offer them a small amount each month...

View more questions Search