Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay84 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 03:05 AM
    Getting bulled for my spelling on here ?
    Hi,
    I am dislexic and as you no that it corses problems with my spelling reading and writeing but am getting bulled for my spelling when I am on here trying to get help on my problems and as I would like to think heiling others as well sometimes I do myself shorten words as not to look stupid with my spelling and it is olny the odd word and I tried to explane this to them when they sent me a privet message and they just replyed that the say to answer my question is "sorry i wont do it again" but no I can't help my spelling and I really enjoy shereing my problems and storys with others on here but now am thinking of leaveing the site but I don't think its fair me being made to feel like this what should I do ?
    Eelarch Posts: 116, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2009, 03:06 AM

Tell them that you are dyslexic and theyshould understand and not make fun.

Jun 1, 2009, 03:14 AM

I have and they sent me a pm saying no the right answer to my question is "sorry i wont do it again" but I shudent have to say that as I can't help it ?
    jackie02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 1, 2009, 03:19 AM

To whom it my concern
    Could you please answer this were you born thick or does it just come natural to you, it was plain for everyone to see that this young person, has a problem with her literacy , and if you had got off your high horse and taken the time, to read her other post's ,you would have seen this. Just because she has this problem does that mean we can-not help her, and before you go on about a spell checker, you need to know how to spell the word first before it will correct it? Its people like you that have helped to turn this world into the kind and caring world it is. (And just in case you have a problem understanding that it's called being sarcastic). And if this gets me removed from the site so be it I don't wish to be part of any site that cares more about how we spell things then the real reason they have asked us for our help what you are doing is a form of mental cruelty by making her feel dumb you should be ashamed of yourself.

Jun 1, 2009, 03:24 AM

Thank you for that it has really made me feel a lot better in myself as I feel like am back at school getting picked on again that is really nice off you xx
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 1, 2009, 03:31 AM
    To set the record straight.

Your spelling was not and never has been and issue.
    The problem was your continual use of Chat/text speak.

For example:
    U instead of YOU
    Could instead of COULD
    4 instead of FOR
    2 instead of TO
    N instead of AND
    People instead of PEOPLE, etc.

Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Teens

This is also covered in the site TOS:
    Quote Originally Posted by #2
    Use the best English you are capable of. "Chat speak", all caps, lack of punctuation, etc. can be annoying, and will frequently result in the post being either unanswered or removed.
    Located here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.ph...#faq_faq_rules

By the way, the use of Alias Accounts is also in breach of the site's TOS. In this case the user name of jackie02!!

Jun 1, 2009, 03:41 AM

I do try my best to write the words but as there is diff meanings for the diff spelling of the same word yet again that's a way I could get it wrong I have said I try my best and it does say in the best english you can well that is the best I can ?
    BossMan

Jun 1, 2009, 03:43 AM
    Well you have managed to NOT use chat speak here, so I hope this continues.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 03:46 AM
    If you use Firefox it has a built-in spellchecker.

Jun 2, 2009, 01:10 AM

U no what forget it this is text chat nt doing odd number wtbh helps mi , I fort this site was to help people no matter how they speck write or say but this is not what I signed up for thanks to everyone that has helped me and stuck up for me over this it just goes to show that its same as a lot of sites you say your mind and the people who like to call themselves the " bosses " all stick together no matter if there wrong or rite ?
    BossMan

Jun 2, 2009, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kay84 View Post
    u no what 4get it this is txt chat nt doin odd number wtbh helps mi , i fort this site was to help people no matter how they speck write or say but this is not what i signed up for thanks to everyone that has helped me and stuck up for me over this it just goes to show that its same as alot of sites you say your mind and the people who like to call them selfs the " bosses " all stick together no matter if there wrong or rite ?
    You're doing that on purpose now aren't you ?

You have already shown you are more than capable of using correct English, so please do so.

Remember this site is INTERNATIONAL and as such the best use of language is a must to communicate your issues so everyone can understand.
    jrk Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 03:35 AM

Correct english is the way to go.
    Another thing, you should never misspell a word on here. You might use an grammatically incorrect word, but if you look down at the right there next to 'go advanced' you'll see 'spell check.' It pretty much works well. So before you post again you could use that, and it would probably save the hassle/hurt you are going through.

Jeremy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change spelling of name [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change the spelling of my first name on my birth certificate in New York state

Greek last name spelling [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to find out how to write my friend's last name in Greek. I have something special picked as a gift and I want them engraved. Their last name is: "CHANGARIS" I would appreciate any help here, I don't know where to go to...

Spelling of name change [ 1 Answers ]

My name is "lynda" on my birth certificate. But I didn't like the way it was spelled so I changed the way I spell it and is "linda" on my social security card, marriage license and state id. Can I get in trouble for changing 1 letter in my name?

Sanskit spelling [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone spell DESIDERATA in sanskrit letters for me. I need it spelt exactly in the sanskrit alphabet.

Spelling [ 33 Answers ]

Is the horrible spelling I see posted by a lot of the younger people a txt messaging short hand I must stumble though or just poor spelling skills?

View more questions Search