Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Punkin1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 08:34 PM
    Class Action suit against internet website?
    I was wondering if there is a possible class action lawsuit for this website.

It is a social networking website, that while free, has purchase options to enhance the experience. I personally over the years that I have participated in the website, have spent several hundred dollars.

One of the things that I have on my account is a VIP membership that extends until October 2009, which I purchased. I have also purchased, or had purchased for me, credits toward items on the website.

I went to log in this morning, and my account was locked. I attempted to e-mail support, and the e-mail came back as undeliverable. I then created an account to contact support through the website, and my question went unanswered and that account was deleted by administration.

The TOS states "You may terminate your membership at any time. fubar.com may terminate your membership for any reason, effective upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your Membership application or such other email address as you may subsequently provide to fubar.com. By using the Service and by becoming a Member, you acknowledge that fubar.com reserves the right to charge for the Service and has the right to terminate a Member's Membership should Member breach this Agreement or fail to pay for the Service, as required by this Agreement."

I have received no notice.

It also states "Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUBAR.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF FUBAR.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, FUBAR.COM.S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO FUBAR.COM FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP."

As well as "fubar.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website and/or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability."

The last statement above seems contrary to the above statements.

I am not the only person who has been deleted and unable to use their VIP memberships as well as credits that they had in their account.

Do you think I should attempt to contact attorneys, or would it be a lost cause?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkin1976 View Post
    Do you think I should attempt to contact attorneys, or would it be a lost cause?
    Hello P:

What are you out?? A couple hundred $$'s?? It'll cost more than that to recover.

excon
    Punkin1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 08:48 PM

It's more about the principal for me, actually.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkin1976 View Post
    It's more about the principal for me, actually.
    Hello again, Punkin:

Then, I'm sure you can find a lawyer who will take your money.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram Dashboard - Class Action Law Suit! [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a class action law suit currently against Dodge in regards to the inferior dashboards they put in the Dodge Ram 1500 trucks? If not does anyone know how to start a class action lawsuit? I know I am not alone in this and I think we should all band together to get...

What to do to start a class action suit [ 10 Answers ]

I need to know what steps to take (follow) to file a class action suit against a predatory lender.

How do you begin a class-action lawsuit? [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing business with a company that I have suddenly discovered is providing false information in their marketing and in their manuals and int the customers ervice and I am not alone in how much time and $ this company has cost me and my business. I never would have had the problems with the...

View more questions Search