Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    I think that it would be best to work on a little bit at a time. So, I would suggest that you post additional things later.

Thanks!
    OK, no worries :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 01:56 PM

Would I be able to hear the tune you've got, because I think it would be easier to write lyrics to a tune rather than writing the lyrics without hearing how theyd sound, if you get what I mean :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2009, 04:58 PM

Right now, you would'nt be able to hear the tune because I can't find my microphone! When I find it, I'll let you know.

Whether to start a song with the tune first or the lyrics first is kind of up for grabs. Either way works. Because I come up with the melody in my head, it's easier for me to write or work with existing lyrics first.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 05:03 PM

OK, no worries, I've been re hashing the lyrics anyhoo and trying to find a better chorus that would fit with the paragraphs.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2009, 05:28 PM

Would you post them here, please?

I have to go and do some yard work while it's still light out. I'll return in a few hours...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 05:35 PM

Yea sure, no worries :)

Did you ever want to make the world a better place
    Did you ever wonder if the world would be a better place without you
    What would the world be like without you, would lives be better?
    Yes?
    Did you ever wonder if you were good enough
    For the people all around you,
    For the people who you care for,
    For the people that care about you.
    Yes?

Cause I'm the same, wandering around searching for those answers
    Before they destroy me like cancers
    But if I can't find them I hope that you do
    Cause if I fail, ill be gone before you

The last verse is the chorus but its still a woki in progress (as the whole thing is :d but this more so :) )
    Hmmm on second thought I think ill remove those 'yes's'
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 04:28 PM

Hey, albear!

I'm sorry that I haven't been around! I've been ill and my Internet connection has been lousy! I do look forward to working with you!

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Hey, albear!

I'm sorry that I haven't been around! I've been ill and my Internet connection has been lousy! I do look foward to working with you!

Thanks!
    No worries clough, sorry to hear you've not been well, you did tell me you had internet problems, hope your feeling better :)
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 04:38 PM

I'm trying to deal with my health issues with the professionals. I had some sort of seizure on Tuesday night in the middle of rehearsal when I was playing something on the piano with my men's group.

I think that my computer has gotten some sort of virus! Am trying to figure out how to deal with that, too.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 04:49 PM

Oooh, that doesn't sound good, yeah better let the pro's deal with it, get well soon, both you and your computer
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:48 PM

I'm going to bring my computer from home over to where I'm house and dog sitting. I'm not on my home computer here and all of my music writing stuff is on my own computer.

It won't be tonight that I'll get my computer over to here, but in the next couple of days.

Are you interested in learning some things abou music theory in order to help you with composing music for your songs?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:04 PM
    I'm going to bring my computer from home over to where I'm house and dog sitting. I'm not on my home computer here and all of my music writing stuff is on my own computer.

It won't be tonight that I'll get my computer over to here, but in the next couple of days.

Are you interested in learning some things abou music theory in order to help you with composing music for your songs?

Thanks!
    Yea that would be great and most probably help when your explaining things to me :D
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Yes, it would help...

First question on this - What would you like to know about music theory?

By what you ask, and the subsequent discourse that ensues and follows, I can get an idea as to where you are with understanding and knowledge of the nomenclature and structure of music.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Yes, it would help...

First question on this - What would you like to know about music theory?

By what you ask, and the subsequent discourse that ensues and follows, I can get an idea as to where you are with understanding and knowledge of the nomenclature and structure of music.

Thanks!
    Oh I thought since you offered to teach you'd have a rough idea what I needed to know, but OK, well I don't know what I would need to know, I can read tab, I know which strings are which notes on a guitar, but as for reading normal music on a scoe I've forgotten which notes are whch, I know the one with a hole on the middle counts for 2 beats, and if they're joined at the top then they're linked - (yes I know obvious but I can't think of how to describe what I mean by that in better detail) and that's about as much theory as I know to be honest
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:24 PM

Then we can start at the beginning then...

What are the seven letters of the alphabet that are used in music in the Western world, please?

Hint: They start with the letter "A".

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clough View Post
    then we can start at the beginning then...

What are the seven letters of the alphabet that are used in music in the western world, please?

Hint: They start with the letter "a".

Thanks!
    a,b,c,d,e,f,G?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:30 PM

You're correct! Please use capital letters when referring to the notes.

And, after the note "G" the sequence of letters starts over again.

Do you have a piano keyboard of some kind available to you?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:33 PM
    You're correct! Please use capital letters when referring to the notes.

And, after the note "G" the sequence of letters starts over again.

Do you have a piano keyboard of some kind available to you?

Thanks!
    I did use capitols but for some reason they all turned back (apart from g which was an edit because I can't count :D)

Sorry I don't have a keyboard, I could probably find one online or if you already have a site?

I found this
    http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/reso...iano/index.htm

Oh the second row on your comp keyboard relates to the keyboard on screen
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:42 PM

I do have a keyboard online for us to use. I will find it and post the link here.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Here's the link for the Virtual Keyboard.

VIRTUAL KEYBOARD - PIANO

Please check it out and tell me what you think. Okay?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Song lyrics.need song title and artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song with lyrics: "everything is you" I think that might be the name of the song

A song I know some of the lyrics but can not remember what the song is calle [ 1 Answers ]

I can not remember what this song is called some of the lyrics in it is I'm queen of the tred mill trying to stay the size you think that I should stay I use to dream about what I would be but last night I dream about washing machines it is a country song

Where can I find song lyrics beginning with the phrase my life goes on in this song [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find song lyrics beginning with the phrase my life goes on in this song

Writing Lyrics [ 30 Answers ]

Lately I've been trying to write songs... But nothing comes out... I can't seem to be.. something.. Anyone who writes music or poetry will know what I mean I feel that there is so much inside me waiting to come out, I just know there is! But I need a tap shoved into my heart to let these...

I'm trying to find a song but only know the lyrics-sweet thing, a dance song [ 1 Answers ]

I think its by jones town but can't fing it anywhere. The lyrics are "ill give you some elicit pain sweet thing your such a sweet thing" "step in my room coz lady on im the in the mood to love you all night long" argh. Help!

View more questions Search