Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    10chiquis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 07:39 PM
    Mother getting sole custody of her daughter
    How do I get sole custody of my daughter : I divorced her father 10 years ago getting share custody however he barely saw our daughter ,did not take part of her life in every way now he lives outside the USA.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 31, 2009, 04:06 AM

You go to court and petition for custody just like you had before.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 31, 2009, 04:53 AM

Why do you want sole custody? Is it sole legal and./or physical custody that you want.

Seems to me you already have sole physical custody since he's out of the picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcoholic mother expects custody of my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

My wife (soon to be ex) is an unemployed drunk who is used to getting her way through lawyers (thanks to her parents) and is expecting to get full custody of our 2 yr old daughter as we have split and are seeking a divorce. She already has full custody of her son from a previous relationship but...

Sole custody of my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

hi my name is dannielle i just had a daughter who was born on the 13th of august 08. i have not been with the father for over 6 months due to harassment,refusing to father the child and drug use/selling. i did allow him to come meet his daughter at the hospital and i do have visits every week with...

How do I get sole custody of my 11 year old daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

Her dad and I were never married. I have primary custody. He has not paid any child support in about 9 years and has not seen her in 7 years. I have no idea where he is. How do I get sole custody?

What are the first steps to get Sole Custody of my daughter [ 5 Answers ]

Im a single parent and have been for the past almost 10 years. My daughter will be 10 this year. Her father has not been around since I was pregnant and have no knowledge of his whereabouts. My daughter has asked to change her last name with no influence of my part. Now I would like to do this for...

Arranging Sole Custody for a Mother [ 2 Answers ]

If a mother is fearful of her son's father (who is on parole in another state for first degree murder and arson), how can she gain sole custody in Virginia without exposing herself to his potential harm of her?

View more questions Search