Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Realitychick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Travel Reimbursement for Government work
    I will soon be traveling for my job on a contract for a federal government agency. What do I need to have in order to receive federal government per diem rates at hotels/motels?
    Briarose Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2009, 01:43 AM
    Usually a work ID showing that you work for the federal government is sufficient. Or a letter stating that you are on federal govt business with your state driver's license?

You can call the hotel and ask, when in doubt, but those two methods should work.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 11:57 AM

Normally when I worked for the government the hotels needed to see my government ID. Other than that they would want to know the agency I worked for and their contact info.

As a contractor, you are not actually an employee of the government, you work for a company that has a contract with the government.
    Briarose Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2009, 09:28 PM

If you are traveling on federal govt business (but not an actual employee of federal govt), some hotels may still give you the per diem rate (for example, if you will be reimbursed by federal govt).

Same if you are traveling on state government business and want to get the per diem rate.

It depends on the hotel, so call ahead and ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reimbursement of travel expenses for H1-B holder [ 1 Answers ]

Can a person in H1-b status who was invited to give a conference at another company (purpose of the conference to be evaluated for an open position) receive reimbursement for travel and hotel expenses? I appreciate your response. Thank you. Zulma Aldahondo Official

Where can I get a surety bond to work in a government agency handling money [ 2 Answers ]

I am job hunting with government agencies who ask if I'm bondable. These jobs typically want the person to accept cash, checks, and credit card payments. I am a felon, served less than a year in federal women's camp. I know that I am bondable just don't know where to get the bond and for how much....

Government contracted work [ 5 Answers ]

I was hired by a union contractor to do some work out of state, out of town and out of the country, all these jobs were on the military base, a government contract. Am I supposed to get prevailing wage rate? I'm a comm and system installer, very experienced, based out of California. Do you know...

1040NR-EZ work and travel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am Polish student who was participating in work and travel USA program in 2004. I would like to fill all required documents about tax returned now. Unfortunatelly, I am a bit confused about it... As far as I know, I have to fill 1040NR-EZ. I read all instruction and due to Article...

View more questions Search