Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 04:18 AM

Well done-they re not important and they don't matter anymore.
    Enjoy your day.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 10:16 PM

You did well. Hopefully it won't happen often. If it does, you know what to do. Good job.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 01:42 AM

Yup, just be myself.
    JustLaw Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Nov 11, 2009, 08:41 AM

You did well Van and you have been doing it well. Hold your head up high and know you have some people who are mighty proud of you... people who can relate to how hard this all can be.

Stay strong my friend!
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 10:47 AM

Thanks. Appreciate that.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 09:48 PM

Van I am just catching up here, and if this site had a inspirational poster of the year award you would be the man for 2009. I feel bad sometimes because I'm not sure we are inspiring you or you are getting the same that I know I have gotten from this thread. Watching how you have turned this breakup into not only a time of healing but a time of learning and searching out who one truly is and that connection to others on a deeper level is a great life story. You celebrated 5 months of without her yesterday, but in reality it was a celebration of knowing who you are and who you will become.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 09:57 PM

Chuff, thanks.

Nice to here from you. You can thank yourself for helping try to get there.
    Believe me. You have always been right on it.

Don't wish to be labeled that way, makes me feel weird, but I appreciate that.

Still searching, and celebrating...

Cheers. Van
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 05:45 PM

Hey,

Today is 6 months NC and my last calendar record. No more counting.
    Its hard to believe sometimes.

Another major life lesson & Im still learning.

Yeah, there's still thoughts of course, but no longer occupying too much time. They usually aren't pretty ones at this point.

I am grateful for the good things & people I have. That's my focus.

Once again, I raise a glass to everyone here. So glad to have met you all.

I'll be here, but mostly on others' threads & try to give some broken hearted advice.

If it wasn't for all of your advice and encouragement, I would probably still be lost. From the bottom of my heart...

Cheers,
    Van
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 06:59 PM

Thanks JL,

Hope you doing OK. I haven't forgotten about you.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanheart View Post
    Thanks JL,

Hope you doin ok. I havent forgotten about you.
    I am doing very well. It will be 2 months tomorrow since it happened, and I go back to work for the first time tomorrow. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period, but I am ready for it. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 07:48 PM

Right on.
    Congrats.

Cool. Works important. I bet you're ready to get back. Gives us purpose & regiment. (coming from a freelancer, hehe)

Im know you will rock it, all in a new way...

Ya know?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Right on.
    Congrats.

Cool. Works important. I bet youre ready to get back. Gives us purpose & regiment. (coming from a freelancer, hehe)

Im know you will rock it, all in a new way...

Ya know?
    Absolutely. :) I already see a positive difference in myself from before 2 months ago, mostly in my motivations and in really appreciating life so much more. I know that is cliché after something like this, but it's so true.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 07:55 PM

Yeah, those clichés, huh?

That's why they call them that. They're true...

Others life lessons that we tend to ignore.

So, glad to hear it, JL. Makes me happy.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Dec 1, 2009, 12:54 AM
    Yeah, those cliches, huh?

Thats why they call them that. Theyre true...

Others life lessons that we tend to ignore.

So, glad to hear it, JL. Makes me happy.
    Van,

Congratulations on making it to this juncture. By helping others you might just complete your healing. Way to go, dude!

Tao
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 08:35 AM

Appreciate that, Tao.
    I owe a lot to you.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Dec 1, 2009, 11:51 AM
    Appreciate that, Tao.
    I owe a lot to you.
    We grew together, Vanheart, all of us.

I'm very interested in understanding how we (you, in this instance) learn to attach ourselves to other people, how we make and break bonds in various contexts. For example, we don't know each other in person, yet we care about each other in the context of our shared emotional experience. I'm wondering how more of that can happen in the world, and how it can be accelerated via the web.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Tao
    Me_Myself_I Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by supermannnnnn View Post
    Sorry for sounding harsh but be a man! I been through this road once and was heartbroken. I know it hurts. I really do. It feels like your heart falls to your stomach and stays there.
    Maybe he needs to be on that road before he takes the next to recovery.. I agree that you should follow the rules though , for a faster recovery :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 04:29 PM

Will give that one some thought, Tal.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 04:29 PM
    I mean Tao, hehehe...
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 08:34 PM

Tao,
    Amhd is a great example.
    The dedication especially in relationships.

I think the key is contact.
    There's been so much money made in the self-help genre & to its discredit, no real interactive experience.

This lies somewhere between sites like this and targeted social networking sites.
    "Causes" if you will. Like minded people.

Making & breaking bonds is an interesting notion & what is behind all of that. Could be a college degree at some point.

What you are proposing is one of experience. Not the desperate "How do I get my girlfriend back" sort of thing. One that is rooted in further development of us as humans and how we deal with relationships. After all, our lives are all about that. Most importantly the relationship we have with ourselves and how we make decisions.

I could see this as a virtual conference like TED or many others that happen globally and frequently. BUT, has to be relevant, timely and reach people on that human level. (not positioned too lofty, cerebral or self-help-ish.

Lets keep this conversation going. I like this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend tells me she loves me, yet she wants a break or breakup? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey guys, My girlfriend is telling me she wants a break to see if she if I am the one. We're young, I don't plan on marriage for a while (we're 20) and I just don't understand her idea of couples needing to split up for a while to see if they are the one. She says this is for "us" but I'm...

My girlfriend breakup with me but she wants to be friend [ 20 Answers ]

HI!! I am new to the website... I have a girlfriend and we are together for almost 5 months, and we both love each other very much... one day someone told her parents about our affair... and her parents don't want their daughter to be in any affair, and her dad got an attack when she argue on...

4 years and a breakup [ 38 Answers ]

Me and my X met at our first jobs when I was 24 and she was 22. She began chasing me at work and having her friends come to my desk to ask if I was interested in her. I always said no and I wasn’t looking to get into a relationship. After about a month of this nonstop badgering of me, I gave in and...

Girlfriend loves me, I have done nothing wrong, but she wants a breakup? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, all. Ceph here. First post, just throwing that out there... Well, my girlfriend of 3 years has recently (say, in the past few months) decided that she felt we shouldn't be together. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "Nothing." She told me that I didn't do anything wrong, and...

Girlfriend of five years [ 15 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for five years now and it has moved slowly. She has always been a good girl which is fine by me but I can't understand why after five years she still has a curfew with me and we're limited to just a few things we can do. Her parents make sure they know exactly where we...

View more questions Search