Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 08:44 PM

"them"
    I like that.

Just like battling those giant insects in the sci-fi flicks, hey?

Rage is another word for uncontrolled outbursts. Not exactly what I meant. Meant more about quickly moving on, as my ex did... for good.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Its all about the "L" word.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Ya know, my real battle has been with realization.

Tal, said way back about our coping mechanisms.

Mine have sucked. Been seeking every ounce of help. Digging, then denying. You, friends, the late nights, early a.m.s. abuse at times, pushing myself with exercise at others. Doing great, then falling apart.

My coping now needs to change.

May be just this period. But, Im getting really frustrated & tired dealing with this.

My method is still changing. Feel so unclear at times.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 06:50 AM

When we get sick, and tired, of being sick, and tired, we get busy with change. That's when through an honest self evaluation of ourselves we start to identify the changes we want, and formulate a plan to achieve those goals.

Darn it, everything you do for yourself involves some freakin' work, and just speaking for myself, its pretty doggone hard to wake up, and be willing to do it.

Believe me, in my youth, I have tried a lot of easier, softer ways to feel good, and be happy, and none of them worked.

It was only until I became willing to work for change, real change, not just on paper, or words, but actions, did I start seeing a better way of doing things, and a better way to love myself, so no matter what came about, I wouldn't fall for any more BS, that could hurt me, or bring me done so low, that I couldn't, or didn't want to, get back up.

Yeah life throws curves at us all the time, and knocks us down, so what, stuff happens (to good people), but getting back on our feet, and moving forward, is the way to cope with whatever happens to us.

Then, it truly does get better. Stand for something (yourself) or fall for anything (life).
    Reactor Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 04:27 PM

I think I'd just like some random stranger to come up, slap me in the face, and scream "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

I'll be reading your above post over and over in the coming days Tal.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 05:04 PM

Yup, I feel that all of the time.

One thing I was thinking is that Ive lived w/o her for almost 4mo.

What do I need to be happy?

Its funny I have a close old friend in NY that met my ex a few yrs ago. And said to me "Dude, she too young for you. Plus I dont really think that she that into you"

I spoke with him about a month ago and told him I was still struggling. He said "What is she still making trouble for you, talking to you, etc.."

I said no.

He was like. "Dude get over her" "You need a woman, not a girl"

I guess my point is sometimes people know you better than you know yourself. Especially when you are blinded and in denial.
    tara1 Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Sep 25, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Yeah life throws curves at us all the time, and knocks us down, so what, stuff happens (to good people), but getting back on our feet, and moving forward, is the way to cope with whatever happens to us.
    Here is a nice quote to drive this point home:
    "My sympathies were not entirely with Okonkwo . . . . Life just has to go on and if you refuse to accept changes, then, tragic though it may be, you are swept aside"
    - Chinua Achebe (on "Things fall apart's character Okonkwo)

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but gets you moving.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:26 PM

That's great, thanks. Killer.

When and how we decide to change.
    And the repercussions if we don't.

Life just has to go on.

Sep 25, 2009, 07:41 PM

.. forgot to block the ex on msn... after all these months (she's thinks I don't live in toronto.. long story) she goes "you don't love in toronto loser!!!"

.. and I cry at this... why am I so weak?
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:47 PM

Ewwwww...

More hurt. Goes to show you what kind of person can say sh**t like that.

Why haven't you blocked her out of everything?

Loser? Who's says that to someone? A sadist.

She wants you to believe that & play on your weakenesses.

Don't let her, she's already done her damage.

Sep 25, 2009, 07:54 PM

I thought she was blocked on msn Van... honestly

Figured this was just going to be another lonely night in, now it's a lonely night with broken NC... checked her Facebook because, well, I just talked to her... NEVER... her main pic was her and her new boyfriend kissing... that's as far as I went... I just can't take this... I'm too weak for this.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Why is she texting you anyway?

Gets off on it?

Sep 25, 2009, 07:58 PM

No, she didn't text me. I don't have a cell now because I was on her plan... etc.

She IM'd me on msn while I was out for a run... my name on msn was 'meat market on Spadina... how lovely' which meant I may be getting a gig at a meat market... yay.

She lives in Toronto and knows I want to be there. So she doesn't believe me that I'm living here... thats vexing as hell.

I just want to email her saying get over yourself... but no, that would be giving her power.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 08:00 PM
    Stop causing yourself more pain.

Did you find out what you needed by investigating?

Did that feel good? You got what you were looking for.

That main pic says it all right now.

Don't subject yourself to this anymore. Its your doing by retarded curiousity & wanting closure.

You got your closure. Now stop caring about her.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 08:09 PM

What does she care if you live there or not? It's a big city.

Wants to keep you around to sh**t on while calling you a loser if you don't live there. Hmm, that's pretty twisted. You want more of that?

Yo, sounds A lot like my ex. Self absorbed girl, headcase, insecure.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 08:21 PM
    She wants you to see those Facebook pictures...
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 08:41 PM

Hey Reactor,

Just wanted you to know that when I write, Im writing to myself too.

Sep 25, 2009, 08:42 PM

Your right... she does van.

She doesn't believe I live in Toronto because over the past 4 months of hell I was telling her in desparation that I'm moving to Toronto asap etc... with no money, no brain, and no means of going there, it took all this time, and now she doesn't believe me.

Sep 25, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Exactly. I could sense that, which is partly why I posted my episode tonight on here. To dish it out, and reflect. Hopefully, that felt good.

Sep 25, 2009, 08:48 PM

I'm going to take some sleeping pills to make this nightmare ease in my dreams... preciate the call & response van... thanks, and goodnight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend tells me she loves me, yet she wants a break or breakup? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey guys, My girlfriend is telling me she wants a break to see if she if I am the one. We're young, I don't plan on marriage for a while (we're 20) and I just don't understand her idea of couples needing to split up for a while to see if they are the one. She says this is for "us" but I'm...

My girlfriend breakup with me but she wants to be friend [ 20 Answers ]

HI!! I am new to the website... I have a girlfriend and we are together for almost 5 months, and we both love each other very much... one day someone told her parents about our affair... and her parents don't want their daughter to be in any affair, and her dad got an attack when she argue on...

4 years and a breakup [ 38 Answers ]

Me and my X met at our first jobs when I was 24 and she was 22. She began chasing me at work and having her friends come to my desk to ask if I was interested in her. I always said no and I wasn’t looking to get into a relationship. After about a month of this nonstop badgering of me, I gave in and...

Girlfriend loves me, I have done nothing wrong, but she wants a breakup? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, all. Ceph here. First post, just throwing that out there... Well, my girlfriend of 3 years has recently (say, in the past few months) decided that she felt we shouldn't be together. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "Nothing." She told me that I didn't do anything wrong, and...

Girlfriend of five years [ 15 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for five years now and it has moved slowly. She has always been a good girl which is fine by me but I can't understand why after five years she still has a curfew with me and we're limited to just a few things we can do. Her parents make sure they know exactly where we...

View more questions Search