Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finey88 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Has anyone on this forum successfully lighten their skin?
    From what I have been reading I am starting to wonder if it can be done and it doesn't seem so. I am tired of the scams... I don't need creams that will make me darker or ruin my skin I want something legit! Is that too much to ask for? Huh is it? I'm hearing diana stadler is a scam does funky mommy products really work or is that a scam too. :mad:
    finey88 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 07:23 PM

I think I will just go to a dermatologist to lighten my skin.
    gold3509 Posts: 202, Reputation: 4

Jun 1, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Yes you can successfully lighten you skin... with hydroquinone or bio claire products... mix cream and oil together bio claire...

Some dermatologist wouldn't lets you lighten your skin... I went to the dermatologist and he give me hydroquinone one time and refuse to give to me again... piss me off...

I use bio claire and it lighten my skin very well...
    PINKFASCINATION Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2009, 01:55 PM

I know what you mean finey88 and I'm almost about to give up. But here's what I know. I looked at a pic of myself when I was 21 in Hawaii and my skin was so white. I remember I went to a black dermatologist and she prescribed for me retin-a with a pump-tip (cant remember the strength) and 4% hq. I was pale in no time. Totally forgetting I was like obsessed again and searching for what works. Here's what I think- We are all searching for something out there new and the main thing that has always worked is right in front of our faces. HQ. Rihanna is the color of michael jackson and what did he use I THOUGHT. Let me see if I can find that out. Check this page out and you will see too how he did it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...hite-face.html Now- that's probably what Rihanna is using too. I bet she went to a dermatologist (BLACK) and that's what they gave her too, retin-a and 4% cream and she went and bought it by the truckload. I have been buying my retin-a & 4% cream direct from mexico for years. I have a mechanic who goes there often to visit his family and he ships it back for me (antibiotics too). But I have been just using it with a q-tip for the dark dots to clear them up. I am acne free with the peanut allergy lately and as long as I don't eat anything made where peanuts are processed Im fine. Now I'm tired of spending my money on all these natural products that don't do crap. I will take the HQ powder I bought from a photography site I have had for years and find out how to mix 4-6% and start smearing it on. As far as the cancer goes S.O.D. will take care of that!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 04:24 PM

I lightened pink but I'm no success story, I got white spots now from mono and more and more pop up daily, and a dark mark under my eye from high hq usage so I don't know what to say to you except to stay away from mono, now my doc says I have vitiligo, I should have just kept my dark whoopie goldberg colour
    brightskingal Posts: 17, Reputation: 7

Jun 16, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    i lightened pink but im no sucess story, i got white spots now from mono and more and more pop up daily, and a dark mark under my eye from high hq usage so i dont know what to say to you except to stay away from mono, now my doc says i have vitiligo, i should have just kept my dark whoopie goldberg colour

Are you serious? Wow:eek:
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 06:18 PM

Yep my only options are to repig or to keep using movate gel once I work up the courage to start again to get a very pale colour like rihanna colour and ill still have mj white spots everywhere
    PINKFASCINATION Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Yes I would stop using everything and totally repigment. Then if you must start again use the obaji system or the L'MAJ or both. Sorry for the result but stay away from the mono.
    mobster Posts: 105, Reputation: 0

Jun 17, 2009, 02:27 PM

Yes I wouldn't have the guts to try mono,
    But Intresting to see the page of the skin bleaching Michael Jackson used, that cream on the page, contains 4% Hydroquinone, but Michael used something a lot stronger before this cream, I am 100% sure, that cream Eldopaque, I have something similar, and I bet you is the same result with that cream.
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 06:27 PM

I lightened up as well but like lighter I'm no success stories because the product gave me acne the acne eventually turned into black spots and they were all over my face there gone now thank god. The product I use was bio claire lotion and I'm pretty sure it contains hq. I'm going to mix kojic acid and alpha arbutin I don't think its been done before so I'm hoping it's a good mixture and will give me good results
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    I lightened up aswell but like lighter I'm no success stories because the product gave me acne the acne eventually turned into black spots and they were all over my face there gone now thank god. The product I use was bio claire lotion and I'm pretty sure it contains hq. I'm going to mix kojic acid and alpha arbutin I don't think its been done before so I'm hoping its a good mixture and will give me good results
    weezing I am just moistutizing a lot now and using a little retina at the same time, can you tell me did you use the powder are you mixing your own products
    innuendo Posts: 81, Reputation: 5

Jun 17, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Lighterr's story makes me glad I never tried mono :eek:
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
    lighterr's story makes me glad i never tried mono :eek:
    If you read the other post there are 3 other members that had the same problem and only 1 repigged successfully so far, I am trying to get her product list that she used, wish me luck
    exotic chinky Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2009, 09:03 PM

I've never heard a success story from this board, I'm contemplating L'maj but it's pricely but in the meantime I was just going to go for funkymommy.. if I have a BAD result.. then I'll immediately discontinue usage before I mar my skin
    exotic chinky Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Here's another idea maybe the reason some of these lightening products don't work on some of you guy's skin is because you've over-lightened.. sort of like overprocessin hair with perm, if you use it too much your skin will adapt and the effect will be lesser and lesser if that makes SENSE..
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    weezing i am just moistutizing alot now and using a little retina at the same time, can you tell me did you use the powder are you mixing your own products
    I plan on mixing the alpha arbutin powder with the kojic acid lotion
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    I plan on mixing the alpha arbutin powder with the kojic acid lotion
    OK thanks weezing, let me know how you do
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jun 18, 2009, 02:14 PM

The best results I had was from using ARBUTIN and sunblock. But this was for evening out the skin.

Using Kojic acid alone never really did do much for me.
    sassiibrown Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by exotic chinky View Post
    here's another idea maybe the reason some of these lightening products don't work on some of you guy's skin is because you've over-lightened.. sort of like overprocessin hair with perm, if you use it too much your skin will adapt and the effect will be lesser and lesser if that makes SENSE..
    I believe this, and I think this was my problem with HQ, I got too excited and applied too much too often for my skin after I saw it working rather quickly.. and that's probably why it failed.
    Now I plan to use my bleaching cream every other day then gradually daily and then maybe twice a day sometimes to get the full effect. We'll see how it goes!
    ladydanielle Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 08:22 PM
    Yes it is absolutely possible to lighten. I think the problem on this board is that there is too few educated answers and too many vendors acting like people. It gets hard to distinguish and information gets distorted. Bio-Claire is a silly product to use simply for the fact of the overwhelming amount of negative reviews and the extremely cheap packaging. I mean seriously, you guys really think they have this amazing new veg-atle lightening ingredient and willing to sell it for so cheap with such crappy packaging? I mean come on, we can all afford to use a little common sense when it comes to lightening.

Arbutin is only good if you buy it from a reputable source like skinactives.com. Stop buying from shady vendors in india and thailand that don't give a crap about your american skin and will sell you steroids, mercury, high doses of hq, and dangerous stuff to fulfill your lightening needs at the expense of your skin.

I am one who has lighted from simple retin-A and hydro. It simply works, there's no doubt about it. I also supplement with natural cremes that I make myself. I simply don't trust products with ingredients I'm not familiar with and I can't buy at an actives site.

Skin lightening is nothing new, at this point we pretty much know what ingredients work and what ingredients don't work. If a company comes up with an amazing lighter without hydro, and is safe ( void of steroids and mercury ) I THINK ITS SAFE TO ASSUME THEY Won't BE SELLING IT FOR 5.99 at the Beauty supply store!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten my skin? [ 14 Answers ]

my skin has turn darker than usual coz of SUN....please suggest me a nice way to lighten my skin within 1 month...plzzzzzz:(

HOW Do I lighten My Skin? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 32 year old female with olive skin... I have found that after the birth of my third child, the skin between my legs have darkened lots. Does anyone have this problem, if so how can I lighten it?

Has any one used neoprosone gel forte to lighten skin or as a skin lightener [ 70 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site but I wanted to know if any one knows about neoprosone gel forte. I have been using this cream for six months now I have had very good results, but I just wanted to know if any one has the same out come as me. I was using mono to depig my skin, but after 8 months of...

How can I lighten my skin? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a light brown skinned African American young woman and I am interested in making my skin lighter. It is not because I'm not happy with my skin color, its just because I have dark spots that are hard to get rid of and I also have oily skin which can make me look darker than what I am. I was...

Skin Peels to lighten skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone I am new to AMHD and I had a few questions. Has anyone ever used a skin peel and gotten good results with lighter skin? They claim that your old skin cells are destroyed and new ones with less melanin and made, but I don't know how factual this is. I just ordered my skin peel from...

View more questions Search