Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 10:35 AM

I think the biggest problem on the board is that people have no patience, and they want to be light like yesterday.
    phillymantis Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 08:49 PM

3 years ago using Fair and white extreme whitenizer in conjunction with the likewise named soap...

I managed to lighten from a dark black shade to a very light brown...

Unfortunately the problem with these creams is that they never last... and when they stop working it's a wrap!

After 9 months... the cream stopped working and would simply just make my skin red and irritated...

I tried the same brand 2 years later... and it still won't give me the effects it gave me for those 9 months when I looked like a completely different person

I tried bio claire that did a little something but its weak... and will only bring you about 1 shade down... or 2 I don't know

But nothing that can alter your entire look.

Basically... in this line of business you can't stick with that works... and that's how you up... all the experimenting
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillymantis View Post
    3 years ago using Fair and white extreme whitenizer in conjuction with the likewise named soap...

i managed to lighten from a dark black shade to a very light brown...

unfortunately the problem with these creams is that they never last...and when they stop working its a wrap!

after 9 months...the cream stopped working and would simply just make my skin red and irritated...

i tried the same brand 2 years later...and it still wont give me the effects it gave me for those 9 months when i looked like a completely different person

i tried bio claire that did a lil something but its weak...and will only bring you bout 1 shade down...or 2 i dunno

but nothing that can alter your entire look.

basically...in this line of business you can't stick with that works....and thats how you up ....all the experimenting
    Yes you make a very good point, I agree with you
    Cynbenet Posts: 9, Reputation: 4
    -

Jun 20, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    i lightened pink but im no sucess story, i got white spots now from mono and more and more pop up daily, and a dark mark under my eye from high hq usage so i dont know what to say to you except to stay away from mono, now my doc says i have vitiligo, i should have just kept my dark whoopie goldberg colour
    If you were whoopi Goldberg's color, why did you want to lighten yourself so much? I personally need to lighten my body for the simple fact that the sun here in Florida burned me over the summer (it didn't seem to burn my face, just my body). So I need a skin lightener to get my natural color back but reading this forum it seems a lot of blacks have used skin cream because they had low self esteem as a dark person.
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Jun 21, 2009, 08:39 PM

Ladydanielle, You are exactly right! There are people who have completely depigmented their skin with monobenzone. And, there are people who have lighten their skin with other creams. The difference is, these people have gotten legit creams from US pharmacies, which were prescribed by a doctor. You have to do research, research, and more research if you want to successfully lighten your skin. I will tell you that there are only a few chemicals known to man that will 100% depigment your skin. And only a handful of other chemicals that will lighten the skin as well. So all of these other ingredients are just "made up" marketing tools in order to make money.
    mcgm802820 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Jun 23, 2009, 06:55 AM

Well said, clueless :)...
    glitter Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:16 AM
    Has anyone used funkymommy GLUTA-C Glutathione Supplement?? but I heard some not so good things about the site...

Anyone has any good or bad experience? With the site and GLUTA-C Glutathione Supplement that they sell?

Your help is ver mush appreciated

Thank you
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Jun 24, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynbenet View Post
    If you were whoopi Goldberg's color, why did you want to lighten yourself so much? I personally need to lighten my body for the simple fact that the sun here in Florida burned me over the summer (it didn't seem to burn my face, just my body). So I need a skin lightener to get my natural color back but reading this forum it seems alot of blacks have used skin cream because they had low self esteem as a dark person.

to be honest, society has made black people have low self esteem. I mean how many dark skinned chics do you see on TV? Only about a handful. But the videos and movies are filled with light skinned chics with light eyes, oh yea and don't forget the big booties.
    now, I've had a lighter complexion since forever, my brothers and sister who are darker than me were always jealous and thought I got more love from my parents which is not true. Wow, now within the last year a combo of pregnancy and sun has made me become a bit browner, nothing too serious in my mind until random people started telling me how different I look now that I'm darker. I mean, this damn lady who is a family "friend" saw me and said in front of EVERYONE how I look so UGLY now that I've gotten darker. I mean, who says that!! Even the damn guy at the gas station said that I look better with lighter skin after I showed him my id. ITS NOT FICTION THAT WE MADE IN OUR HEADS THAT LIGHTER IS BETTER, It's a REALITY THAT IS TOLD TO US EVERYDAY BY TV AND EVEN OUR OWN ENVIRONMENT. So I don't blame anyone for wanting to lighten their skin, I just think that it needs to be done safely and maybe not as extreme like michael jackson.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY GIRLS. AND PLEASE BE SAFE!!
    Cynbenet Posts: 9, Reputation: 4
    -

Jun 24, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterious5 View Post
    to be honest, society has made black people have low self esteem. i mean how many dark skinned chics do you see on tv? only about a handful. but the videos and movies are filled with light skinned chics with light eyes, oh yea and dont forget the big booties.
    now, i've had a lighter complexion since forever, my brothers and sister who are darker than me were always jealous and thought i got more love from my parents which is not true. wow, now within the last year a combo of pregnancy and sun has made me become a bit browner, nothing too serious in my mind until random ppl started tellin me how different i look now that i'm darker. i mean, this damn lady who is a family "friend" saw me and said in front of EVERYONE how i look so UGLY now that i've gotten darker. i mean, who says dat!!!!! even the damn guy at the gas station said that i look better with lighter skin after i showed him my id. ITS NOT FICTION THAT WE MADE IN OUR HEADS THAT LIGHTER IS BETTER, ITS A REALITY THAT IS TOLD TO US EVERYDAY BY TV AND EVEN OUR OWN ENVIRONMENT. so i dont blame anyone for wanting to lighten their skin, i just think that it needs to be done safely and maybe not as extreme like michael jackson.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY GIRLS. AND PLEASE BE SAFE!!!
    LOL... I agree... the black celebrities are getting lighter by the minute.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Jun 27, 2009, 08:42 AM
    QUOTE [QUOTE=mysterious5;1816354]
    now, I've had a lighter complexion since forever, my brothers and sister who are darker than me were always jealous and thought I got more love from my parents which is not true. Wow, now within the last year a combo of pregnancy and sun has made me become a bit browner, nothing too serious in my mind until random people started telling me how different I look now that I'm darker. I mean, this damn lady who is a family "friend" saw me and said in front of EVERYONE how I look so UGLY now that I've gotten darker. I mean, who says that!! Even the damn guy at the gas station said that I look better with lighter skin after I showed him my id. ITS NOT FICTION THAT WE MADE IN OUR HEADS THAT LIGHTER IS BETTER, It's a REALITY THAT IS TOLD TO US EVERYDAY BY TV AND EVEN OUR OWN ENVIRONMENT.QUOTE] QUOTE

You know it always astounds me that people are so rude. A lot of people seem to get great pleasure about making people feel bad about themselves. Quite frankly, anyone like that is not worth my time and I have to pity their small mindedness and their lack of manners and good courtesy.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Jun 27, 2009, 09:34 AM

I agree with you
    But I feel it's true
    I feel so much uglier when I'm dark even though everything about myself is just the same
    That one factor seems to change everything about a person and how people persieve them!
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 12:25 PM

So very true
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Jun 28, 2009, 08:11 AM

Hi LIGHTER..
    You promised to show your pics and I send you my email id...

You haven't sent me your pics yet !

Could you please send me your pics ?
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jun 28, 2009, 03:35 PM

Me eitherm lighterrr. LOL I know u busy now.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2009, 05:05 PM

Gorgeous I sent you my pics with my white spots, red I will also send you my pic with the white spots
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Jun 29, 2009, 08:53 AM

Yes I received them.. thanks... although I don't think you should be very worried about them!

It doesn't look too bad...

Atho I mussay... the same problem has happened with MEPK5 or kai...

Where is she though these days ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 07:13 PM

Yep I am part of the white spots club, and if people are using real mono they'll join us soon
    lilmsj Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 09:40 PM

Helo just started by journey going to be starting my arbutin and hydrogen peroxide 35% mix can't wait
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:35 PM

K keep us posted on how that goes
    LovelylilReject Posts: 30, Reputation: -2
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairr View Post
    i agree with you
    but i feel it's true
    i feel so much uglier when i'm dark even though everything about myself is just the same
    that one factor seems to change everything about a person and how people persieve them!
    No it's not how other people see you... it's just your insecurity.(people do not care or spend time judging your skin tone)(... wait unless you got a horrible orangey fake tan then people talk lol) Honestly. If your african american.. you're african american. People will still see you as black.. even if you bleach your skin. It doesn't change who you are. You got deeper problems than your skin color. & Hey I am white... I have some native american in me but I'm still a pretty light complection, I've wanted to be lighter though. I'm into the punk/scene thing and pale skin, dark crazy hair was what made you stand out... so I felt I need to be pale pale not just medium. How else could I pull off this image? Well I realized that yeah I think I'm ugly and disgusting but something tells me if I get my skin snow white I'll be stoked for a while but just find something else to obsess over and change like my nose or something.

Sorry for that rant... part of me still really wants to find something that does work (I've only used cvs hydroquinone 2 & 3%) I can't tell if it has really changed anything haven't used it very long.. kinda want to try it in a really high dosage like 40% or higher. I won't use mono though I don't think it's worth the risk of having weird white spots 0_O

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten my skin? [ 14 Answers ]

my skin has turn darker than usual coz of SUN....please suggest me a nice way to lighten my skin within 1 month...plzzzzzz:(

HOW Do I lighten My Skin? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 32 year old female with olive skin... I have found that after the birth of my third child, the skin between my legs have darkened lots. Does anyone have this problem, if so how can I lighten it?

Has any one used neoprosone gel forte to lighten skin or as a skin lightener [ 70 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site but I wanted to know if any one knows about neoprosone gel forte. I have been using this cream for six months now I have had very good results, but I just wanted to know if any one has the same out come as me. I was using mono to depig my skin, but after 8 months of...

How can I lighten my skin? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a light brown skinned African American young woman and I am interested in making my skin lighter. It is not because I'm not happy with my skin color, its just because I have dark spots that are hard to get rid of and I also have oily skin which can make me look darker than what I am. I was...

Skin Peels to lighten skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone I am new to AMHD and I had a few questions. Has anyone ever used a skin peel and gotten good results with lighter skin? They claim that your old skin cells are destroyed and new ones with less melanin and made, but I don't know how factual this is. I just ordered my skin peel from...

View more questions Search