Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa333 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 06:26 AM
    How to talk to God!
    I had a huge misunderstanding with this guy I really like. He is been going back and forth with a woman for years his family really do not approve of her.Actually from what I hear she just uses him.So my question is. Is it OK to pray to god for help with bringing peace with me and this guy.Also to ask God if we are meant to be bring us together.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2009, 06:57 AM

You can pray for anything you would like. But in the end, it is the freewill of each and how much effort we put into the relationship that will make it work.

What needs to happen, you need to really move on with your life,
    He is also just using, by going back and forth he has not decided and most likely won't either.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

May 30, 2009, 07:03 AM

Anything that has an impact on you'r life can be prayed for,asking that his will be done in you'r life,I was taught that you can talk to God about almost anything as long as it was humble,serious and direct.I was told once God doesn't want to hear humor in a prayer and that's all I avoid.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 07:12 AM

God knows how many hairs you have on your head. He is concerned for every aspect of your life. Does not matter whether you think it is very small to you or too big or whatever it may be. God is there. You can talk to God, and Pray to God about anything and everything.

Joe
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 30, 2009, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa333 View Post
    i had a huge misunderstanding with this guy I really like. He is been going back and forth with a woman for years his family really do not approve of her.Actually from what I hear she just uses him.So my question is. Is it ok to pray to god for help with bringing peace with me and this guy.Also to ask God if we are meant to be bring us together.
    Hello Lisa,
    If he hasn't told you, a guy that goes back and forth with a woman for years is going back for sex, not for the woman to just use him in other ways. You wonder if it is OK to ask God to bring you together "if you are meant" for each other. It's like saying God is here and Fate is here. God is sovereign over all. If it be God's will, you will be together. God wants what is best for you so why would you settle for less than a truly committed man that loves and gives his affections to only you? Does he use these "misunderstandings" as an excuse to go to her? Don't you think you deserve to be loved? It's not going to happen with him so get on with God showing you the better things he has planned for you.
    lisa333 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Sorry I did not explain myself clear.This guy and I were never in a relationship. We had a fight because he thought I did something to him which I did not. He does back and forth with this woman but from what I understand it because there personalities don't click.I just want to pray to gos to clear this misunderstanding.. Thank you
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

May 30, 2009, 01:12 PM

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Peace. If there is a chance that this missunderstanding is due to you attempting to help this man see the error of his way with this strange woman,you may out of pure ignorance inadvertently be accused of being a busy body in his affairs. I hope that this is not the case,but I did that a few times and the fallout was very bad. First and foremost when we pray for God's will in any situation we should always consider the teaching of Christ. He said that offences are inevitable,but woe to the offender. If you truly offended this man you should prayerfully consider making some type of amends, for this may bring peace and with that peace an outpouring of the Spirit in your life. Grace and peace.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 03:10 PM

It is best not to ask God for specifics but rather to open the door, open his eyes, work what is best out, etc...
    You know the saying 'be careful what you ask for'
    I did that way too many times and now I know that if the answer is 'NO' or 'Not at this time' it is better to leave it go.
    We often have to have what we want and then it changes the course of our life possibly for the worse. I have learned after all these years of hard headedness that I would ask Gods will for what is best than being in permissive will and having to go through trials.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 30, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Lisa, I have nothing different to say to what already has been posted here by Godly people. I would only like to add a resource which would help you to understand more deeply about God and HIS plans for us. This is a five part sermon by Charles Stanley. Audio Archives - In Touch Ministries - Dr. Charles Stanley 2009 This link will open Archive Audio. Scroll down on the page and you will see Item 19, May 22, 2009 and the first part of sermon is My Assuarance: God is in Control Part -1. You can listen to the others parts afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

Girlfriend taking a break. To talk or not to talk [ 52 Answers ]

My girlfriend of over a year has decided to take a break. All of a sudden, something clicked in her head and she feels that we're too young to have such a serious relationship. She doesn't want to miss out on all the experiences life has to offer. Mind you, she was always the one who talked about...

To talk to HR or not to talk to HR [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am trying to figure out how I should proceed with a major career decision. I have been employed by the same company for 20 years. I was 18 when I started here. I have moved up in the company with a moderate amount of success but have reached a plateau in the company. I have not moved in my...

Why can I talk about it, but not do it [ 2 Answers ]

hey guys, basically my problem is, I love my boyfriend, but sometimes I feel its not for me as I don't want the commitment. I like to be free to do what I want, I don't mean pulling random lads, I just mean either going out with friends or sitting on my own for a night and chilling etc. ...

Talk to me [ 4 Answers ]

Well I found this girl what is a good way to pop the question;) ;)

View more questions Search