Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NannaS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 12:45 AM
    Could I be pregnant?
    Hi! I have missed my periods! I had my last period on 1st april09...
    I hv not been feeling nauseaous or anything but I had this single spotting on 23rd may 09 which did not proceed into normal periods!!

My urine test is negative and hcg levels low enough to indicate pregnancy...

Could I be pregnant despite negative results??
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2009, 03:06 AM

Have you consider blood work at yr doc office? To make sure you are?
    Puppylover46236 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 01:25 PM

U could even just take a pregnancy test even
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 05:51 PM

Urine tests can often return a negative result even though you are pregnant.

Most accurate tests are blood tests done by your doctor but even then they can turn up negative on rare occasions.

Try another HPT right before your next period would be due and use first morning urine.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2009, 06:47 PM

Missing a period or having an off month happens to all of us. It could be stress, change in diet, medication, tons of things.

Having said that, yes, you could still be pregnant and your hormone levels were too low to detect.

I would wait until your next period would be due. If you miss that period then try an hpt a week after it's due.

A blood test is also a good idea if you don't want to wait. It is more accurate then an hpt.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant or not? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, It's the second month,my periods didn't come.I don't want to have a baby.Dats why I used gynaecosid tablets,one and after 24 hours the second.After having first tablet,a kind of liquid with some blood come out 2 times and only once a little bit blood,and the second day a little bit blood and...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

View more questions Search