Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JFK2SFO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 05:27 PM
    How to calculate interest only adjustment?
    Are there any calculators to figure what a mortgage payment will be for principal when a interest only mortgage adjusts? I have 2 years to prepare for the adjustment, but I have no idea what to expect for payments.

The loan is $419,000 at 6.25%. It's tied to the Libor. Current payment is around $2,300/mo

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 05:40 PM

The Mortgage Calculator
    Google can provide many more "Mortage Calculators"
    sandkicker Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Jun 10, 2009, 01:05 PM

The real question here, is will the mortgage convert to a "fully amortized" one when the rate adjusts in 2 years? "Rate adjustment" and conversion from "interest only" to "fully amortized" are two separate and distinctly different things.
    JFK2SFO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 02:03 PM
    It is a 30 year mortgage, adjusts after 5 years. I'm just looking to see what my new payment will be once the principal part kicks in.
    sandkicker Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Jun 11, 2009, 04:25 PM

Most mortgages with an interest only feature are interest only for 10 years. There are ARMs (Adjustable Rate Mortgages) whose rate changes after 5 years. The quick answer to your question should be in you loan package. By Federal Law you should have been provided with at Truth in Lending disclosure. This disclosure features several bits on information. Among them should be a section (below the middle of the page) that goes something like this:
    60 monthly payments of: $www
    Xxx monthly payments of: $yyy
    Zzz monthly payments of: $(whatever)

The total of 60 plus xxxx plus zzzz months should be 360, i.e.. 30 yrs.
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2009, 08:57 AM

HP 12C is a mortgage calculator that is easy to use. Of course you will not pay any interest over the next 24 months, but when you do it will be $2579.86 for the next 360 months

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate net income and retained earnings after adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

If the year-end financial staement the income staement shoed net income of $23,700, and the balance sheet showed ending reained earnings of $91,000. The firm determined that adjustments should be made that would increase revenues by 5,000 and increase expenses by $8,400. Calculate the amounts...

Calculate Interest [ 4 Answers ]

Calculate the interest at 6% on $750.00 for 60 Days

How to calculate interest [ 3 Answers ]

Please can anyone tell me how to calculate the interest on £695 @ 8% over 12 months Many thanks in advance

Calculate interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

find the interest rate of the following combinations: Present value years future values $400 11 $684 $183 4 $249 $300 7 $300

Adjustment for Interest Receivable [ 2 Answers ]

I have entered the following information based on the assumption that I received the principal and interest payment due on a note receivable. Cash 6835 Notes Receivable 6700 Interest Revenue 135 $113 in interest had already been accrued to Interest Receivable. Do I adjust this...

View more questions Search