Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grass123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Ground cover
    Should I always put a ground cover down before the Mulch ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 05:50 PM

Hi grass again. Can you explain a little more because I don't think you know what 'ground cover' is. Ground cover to a gardner is plants that grow close to the ground, in profusion. I think you mean landscaping fabric!?

Best regards

The tick
    grass123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    hi grass again. Can you explain a little more because I dont think you know what 'ground cover' is. Ground cover to a gardner is plants that grow close to the ground, in profusion. I think you mean landscaping fabric !! ??

best regards

the tick
    Yes I mean landscaping fabric , sorry . Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 30, 2009, 02:31 PM

Hi grass, put the mulch on top of landscaping fabric. What is great about the fabric, is you can cut holes to accommodate your bushes, no weeds !

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ground cover for front yard [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I am totally over mowing my front yard! I think I want to put in a ground cover over most of it and I'm not sure what to put in... maybe periwinkle? Does anyone have any ideas for central NC, zone 7... I have awesome topsoil because the woman that had the house for 75 years before me was a...

Ground cover after bulbs [ 4 Answers ]

I am wondering if there is a flowering ground cover, or non-flowering one, that would come up after the tulips and grape hyacinths have spent their blooms. The area is full sun.

Ground cover that won't grow over mulch [ 3 Answers ]

I'm kind of new at flower gardening. I'd like to plant a strip of ground cover on each side of my sidewalk coming up to my front door, but I want to be sure I plant something that won't grow over my mulch or over the sidewalk. Considering what else I have already planted, I'm thinking something...

Above ground pool cover water [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone is it OK to use the water on your above ground pool cover to help fill your pool?

View more questions Search