Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1DODGERSFAN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Defalt on bankrupty
    Does anyone know what would happen if you defaulted on a chapter 13 bankruptcy
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 06:33 PM

If you don't pay or stop paying, the judge will dismiss the case, allowing the debtors to merely start coming baak after you for the original amounts.

So it will be just like you never filed.

You can talk to your attorney about converting it to a chapter 7

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting finanical aid when in or out of defalt [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I am a single mother in South Carolina and I need to find out how can I get financial aid to go back to school when I am still paying on loan from college before. Mind you the loans where in defalt and I don't know if they are out of defalt. I would like to have some grants to please...

Self Bankrupty Filing [ 2 Answers ]

How do i go about filling chapter 7 bankrupty? I would like to do my own filing and get an attorney to go to court for me. So what do i need to d e-mail [email protected]

Bankrupty cancellations [ 1 Answers ]

Can a bankruptsy be cancelled,

X-wife in defalt of divorce agreement and visitation [ 3 Answers ]

my fiance's x-wife has moved back and forth from miami to orlando fl. Several times over the last 2 years with their now 9 year old daughter. My fiancé has not spoken to or seen his daughter know for 3 months. He is supposed to have visitation according to the divorce agreement with his daughter...

View more questions Search