Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anneksnow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Adopt new wife's children?
    My new husband would like to adopt my 2 children whose father is deceased. Is there an economical process that we could proceed with instead of hiring a lawyer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2009, 10:59 AM

Depends on your local courts, but generally this is pennywise and pound foolish. You want to make sure an adoption is solid legally. And only a lawyer can make sure all the bases are covered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adopt my wife's daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has a 5 year old daughter with her ex-boyfreind, I have raised her as my own for the last 4 years. Her father asked my wife an I if he could just singh his rights over so that I could adopt her. So my question is what are the steps my wife an I will have to do to make this happen?

Husband wants to adopt wife's son. Father is not on birth [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is married to a man that would like to adopt her son. The real father is not on the birth certificate and says that he is not the father of this child and never has had a contact with her son. What can be done to get this adoption on the way?

Can I adopt my wife's daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Can I adopt my wife's daughter? Me and my wife have been together for four years, and married for a year. Her little girl is seven years old and already calls me daddy. The biological father has not seen her in almost a year and constintantly is behind on child support, and just recently he went to...

My fianc? Wants to adopt my 2 children, but. [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to adopt my 2 children, but they get child support from a father who wants nothing to do with them. I think there father lives in Nevada living a whole new life children free. He hasn't seen or spoken to my kids in over 5 years, my daughter (5yrs. Old) doesn't know him and my son...

I want to adopt my wife's daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to adopt my wife's daughter. Her father is no longer living and the daughter is over 21 years old.

View more questions Search