Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SherryLeeme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 08:29 PM
    Compress Screen
    Often when I start up my computer I get a compressed screen in the center of my screen. I have no idea what causes this, so I don't know how to fix it. I recently had a new mother board and processor put in, and had my hard drive reformated. So I was not expecting any problems. This problem has occurred twice today, and at least 3 or 4 times since I got my computer back a few days ago. Can someone give me an explanation? I run windows xp home edition if that is any help.

Thank you,
    SherryLee
    silvie Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2006, 02:39 PM
    Okay either your monitor is bugging, try putting your computer on another monitor to check or your display settings are incorrect. Right click on the desktop, go to properties, select the settings tab make sure screen resolution is 800 x 600 or 1024 by 768. Then colour quality to 32 bit, if nothing works then your graphics card is faulty or not inserted correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My screen is huge! [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reduce the size of the images on my screen. I have tried moniter settings and display settings to no avail. The pixel reducer/increaser will not respond. My home page shortcuts don't have enough room and I can not access all of them. Some pages are so large I can not acces the 'next'...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

My screen is stretching! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what the heck happened but my screen was stretched across sideways as if my computer were a widescreen. I tried changing resolutions but that made the stretching worse. I have it at 800x600 now and everything is on screen and not stretched, but it's all HUGE! I have tried messing with...

Screen [ 1 Answers ]

Customize my desktop? If not there should be laptop settings to set the resolution and screen size

Pc on, nothing on screen [ 5 Answers ]

My PC turns on, no boot, nothing on screen, help?

View more questions Search