Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Codylover101 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2009, 10:18 AM
    This is about my crazy family and my dogs.
    So last June I found out that my mom was my grandma and my sister was my mom. I was crushed but my other sister was just fine. I was like "are you kidding me?" How can she be OK with that? Ok back to my story. So in about 10 days we will be going to Philadelphia for 7 days. My "grandma" will have to watch our for dogs. But its like 'why can't she go with us?' She lives with us so why can't she? Now to the dog part, so 2 years ago I found a small little puppy by my house. We are very very very very very very attached to each other and I would feel horrible leaving him for so long. He waits for me at the door when I go to school and won't leave that spot until I am home. What do I do? I want to go on the trip but I feel so bad leaving them. Please help!:(:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 10:24 AM

Are you going by plane and where will you be staying?
    Maybe the dogs can go with you.
    Southwest is now going to allow up to 5 small pets on the plane WITH you rather than the cargo area.
    You might want to check all options.
    Do you have a friend or neighbor or relative you can trust to take your pets until you get back?

May 29, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Well my "mom" won't let me take them because we will be going to many place like New York and Washington and more places. But we already bought the tickets and my "grandma" might want to stay. I don't want to make her mad so I don't want to ask her. I don't know what to do
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 10:31 AM

Many places are not "dog" friendly and they can not come into eating places, or entertainment places.

It is common to leave pets when going on trips, there is a entire business of pet resorts and pet housing for people on trips. Leaving the pet in the car, in a strange motel while you are gong places, would seem a lot worst to me than leaving them at home with family.

It is not uncommon when a very young girl that has a baby, because of social issues to have their mom raise the baby as thiers. Life is what it is and you grow and go on.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 10:31 AM

Don't get into it with your grandmother.
    Ask your mother what all options there are if grandma goes with you.
    You could be needlessly causing hurts between you and your grandmother if you bring it up to her and your mother may already have a plan or some ideas.

Talk to mom

May 29, 2009, 10:48 AM
    But I'm afraid my "mom" and my "grandma" will be mad at me. That rarely happens but I am still worried about that. I do not trust other people with my dog. They don't know how much I love him and how much it takes to make him happy. So pet hotels are not even going threw my mind. My sister has to send her dog to a pet hotel because he fight with our other dog. And my "grandmother" doesn't want to deal with the fighting dogs when we are away. Ugh this is why I hate my life! Its to hard and a 12 year old girl should not have to deal with these problems at such a young age!! :(
    bedford12 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 01:22 AM
    Don't worry about family member being mad at you depending on the given situation take care of yourself you are number one if somebody loves you they will be there for you
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jun 9, 2009, 06:28 AM
    I'm a little confused. Is your grandma (formerly mom) going to be home with your dog? She can care for him just fine. Can she keep him separate from the other dog? Of course, you'll miss the dog and he'll miss you, but he will be fine and happy to see you when you return.

Of course, there are probably other issues that are the real factor. If you just learned all this information about your family, you might be hesitant to go on a trip with your mom (formerly sister). If you'd rather stay home, I think you should. That is a really huge amount of upsetting information to take in... if you'd just discovered this about your family, it's o.k. to be upset and need to take some time to get used to it.

And yes, that's a lot for a twelve year old to have to deal with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I really crazy or is it just my family? [ 6 Answers ]

What do you do when EVERYONE ALWAYS tells you that you are crazy? I feel like all I need is someone to just sit down and listen to me. Everyone form my mother to my husband continuously tells me I need to be committed to a mental institution. I do feel like I'm about to bust wide open and I feel...

Crazy family [ 3 Answers ]

I don't understand what's wrong with my whole family,I have a 29 year old sister that was real close to my step-dad(more on this in a mintue)her and my mom was close at one time now all of a sudden one argument and my mom say she don't like my sister anymore and my mother have gotten her house door...

Family Dilemma -- Crazy Uncle? [ 2 Answers ]

My mom and I live in WA state and most of her family (her dad, sister and older brother) lives in South Dakota. Her older brother has always been a little challenged. Something happened when he was young and caused him not to develop mentally all the way. He started living with his grandma at...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search