Ask
    sjstar3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Waterheater into popaine
    Can you convert a natural gas water heater into one that uses propane
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 01:07 PM

Yes, you can. It usually involves changing the "jets" to smaller orifices since propane contains more thermal energy per unit volume than natural gas.

Since you didn't give the make or model of the water heater, I suggest you contact a local plumbing and heating place. I'm sure they'll be able to do the conversion or direct you to where you should go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless waterheater [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a tankless waterheater to replace one waterheater with tank. The original breaker was 30 amp and the tankless requires 60 amp breaker and No. 6 gauge wire. My question is if I do not change the breaker and wire, what adverse effect it may have on the water heater itself? The...

State waterheater [ 3 Answers ]

Water filling up in tray and running over onto floor. Cannot find where it is coming from.

Early stages of considering a tankless waterheater [ 8 Answers ]

Just found this site and lots of information. I could spend days reading. We are considering replacing our 1985 water heater before we wake up to a cold shower one morning and are considering a tankless water heater. From the initial trips to the box stores, they all require a 3/4 water inlet....

Cleaning waterheater filter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a State Select waterheater Model # GS640 YBRT and I just noticed that I'm to clean the filter every six months--I've had it for two years. I pulled up the State Select web site and it looks to me like I have to remove the whole rim at the bottom of the waterheater. Could this be correct? ...

Waterheater No pressure anymore [ 1 Answers ]

Hey There, I had yesterday a new Waterheater installed by a contracted company of Home Depot. We had a 30 Gal tank that was releasing pressurized water and therefore we have been recommended to have a New WaterHeater. So, Yesterday the Man brought a new 40 Gal GE Watertank and he informed...

View more questions Search