Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianauni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Dripping Sap
    Why do some houseplants suddenly start dripping sap? Help please!
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

May 29, 2009, 06:47 PM
    That sticky stuff, is not sap. Its called "honeydew" and its secreted by a pest called scale.

You might try spraying with rubbing alcohol. Mix 1 part alcohol with 8 to 10 parts of water and add a squirt of liquid soap. Be sure to spray all leaf and stem surfaces thoroughly.

Repeat this treatment again in 5 to 7 days to catch any that you missed the first time. After that, check your plant weekly to see if they return.

If that don't work there are some organic mixes out there, be sure to get the one with a silicone base. Check at a dedicated garden shop.

I would also isolate the plant, otherwise it might spread to your other plants.
    dianauni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 09:26 PM

Thank you very much for this advice
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

May 30, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Your Welcome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dripping faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Delta two handel faucet in the bathroom. My first problem is I can't get the hot water shut off to turn. The post the handle is on is plastic so I'm afraid to turn too hard and break it. Is there a lubricant that will help loosen it? There is a tiny bit of play in the knob. And...

Dripping shower [ 3 Answers ]

How do I change a shower faucett

Dripping noise [ 8 Answers ]

How to fix the dripping noise in the toilet tank?

Dripping tap [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We have a dripping tap in our shower, which we changed the washer on, which did help, however, the tap still seems to be dripping. What else can we try? We changed both washers at the same time. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search