Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinnc1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 08:57 AM
    11yr daughter is letting a boy grope her

I had to pick up my daughter from school yesterday. She and her class were on the playground. I saw my 11 yr being "pawed" on by a boy in her class. She didn't see me at first and she was laughing, not trying to push him away.. etc. Then they started holding hands, that's when she saw me standing there. I looked away for a second and looked back to see her telling this boy, "There's my mom, look you're going to have to go." I walked up to her and for a few minutes talked to her and her other friends about school life, weekend so on so on... Then when it was just me, my daughter and her very best friend "A", I asked my daughter who the little boy was... She looked at me and said "What boy?" Her friend "A" said, you know who that boy is, he's in your class and she said his name. My daughter sort of just looked at me and "A" like she just got caught in a lie. So here's my question: How should I deal with this? She has already started her period, and we have already had "The Talk". I've also told her what is and is not appropriate. I'm very upset that she lied to me. Please HELP!! :confused::(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 09:14 AM

You need to confront her that you know and ask her why is she allowing this boy to grope her.
    Tell her that just because mom doesn't see something does not make it okay to do.
    Tell her boys will take advantage even when they are not really interested so she shouldn't jump into things and the importance of waiting.
    Take it from there and if it leads to 'the talk' then most likely it is what needs to be said.
    glowstone Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 09:35 AM

HI there...

Firstly, its OK to have concerns right.. it shows you are a good parent. You love your daughter.

Amongst what you have already done by talking to her about sex and things, there's little else you can do. Apart from being a caring and consistent influence, that's fair but firm.
    Kids at 11 are going to experiment. I remember the experiments the other kids around me were doing, and it would have freaked our folks out... but that's how we learnt.. by making silly mistakes and getting into silly things!

Statistics show that the average young person is still choosing to have their first sex later into their teens. But do play around early. The media likes to freak us out with the minority of cases were girls and boys having children at very young ages and getting STDS or something!

To your daughter... she is doing something fun and exciting... You are worried for her because you have a value set and a whole bunch of experiences yourself that you would rather she doesn't go through or something... but she will make mistakes... as long as you are there to cuddle her and listen... she will be OK!

Good luck!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 09:41 AM

to add to what glowstone said
    you might want to get a feel for what the other kids are doing. From what I see areas where kids grow up too fast they have peer pressure and think it is normal or expected to do what the other kids are doing.
    If the kids are basically 'age appropriate' and pre teens not trying to look and act like they are 18 or 20 then she more likely fits into what glowstone said about kids experimenting.

Values, concern, closeness and open communication are the best tools you have.
    glowstone Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 09:50 AM

Yeah deffinatly, as long as the boy is aged similar then you would be looking at something that is of relative normality... now if the boy is much older then that becomes abusive!
    As No Help says, get a grasp of the others around your daughter! They may indicate clues!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 11yr old german shepard cross border is unwell [ 2 Answers ]

My poor dog yesterday wouldn't walk for me in the morning. It seemed his back legs were stiff and when he did eventually get up he walked sideways - his legs were all bowed. As with German Shepards of a certain age I thought it might be his back legs that had gone but very suddenly. Today he has...

Letting someone down [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy on myspace around the middle of December. His picture on myspace looks like a totally different person that he does in real life. When I'm talking to him online he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He takes me out to eat, buys me gifts, sends me flowers, the whole 9 yards. ...

Angry 11yr old [ 3 Answers ]

My 11 year old nephew is so angry all the time. At times he can be so sweet, but most of the time he is moody and angry. He often tells his mother he hates her and most of his anger is directed toward her. Also, he still wets the bed. He is bright child but recently failed 3 classes and getting...

My 11yr old daughter is straying from God~ [ 11 Answers ]

I am a Christian Mother of two (at home) daughters 11yrs & 8yrs. My eleven year old is starting to stray from Christ. She is a neat kid. I don't want to push her into a uncomfortale situation but, don't want her to loose her relationship with Abba either. They both go to a private Christian school...

View more questions Search