Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

May 28, 2009, 11:56 PM
    Spine problems
    Any thing you can tell me about D.I.S.H. disease.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 03:53 AM

This is from MedicineNet.com:

Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH) has also been called Forestier's disease. It is considered a form of degenerative arthritis. However, DISH is characterized by unique, flowing calcification along the sides of the vertebrae of the spine. And, very unlike typical degenerative arthritis, it's also commonly associated with inflammation (tendinitis) and calcification of tendons at their attachments points to bone. This can lead to the formation of bone spurs, such as heel spurs. In fact, heel spurs are common among individuals with DISH.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

May 29, 2009, 04:25 AM
    Thanks that's a new site for me, I like to find out as much as I can, so I know what I'm in for. Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spine inverter machines [ 3 Answers ]

I was looking into buying a spine inverter machine or something that specifically is design for spine health. I've seen a product on the tube but wasn't sure what is the best of all machines. Thanks

Arthritis on the spine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bit of arthritis on my spine. What is a good pain reliever. Do they Have some kind of a patch. I have ibuprofen and aleve. Your comments

Spine Fin Coil on Trane [ 1 Answers ]

Looking at getting a Trane heat pump to replace an existing A/C unit. Heard some comments that the Spine Fin coil design Trane uses is difficult to keep clean and can actually clog up if not cleaned properly. I've heard good things about Trane overall but wanted to know if this design creates any...

If ones spine has a bent [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you

View more questions Search