Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Willis007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 11:14 PM
    Tuitoring and Holding Back
    To Whom It May Concern:

I have a 12 year old, in the 7th grade, who has ADD and Diabetes type 1. During his school year he has received over 15 F's and many U's

Next year I would like to have him repeat the 7th grade and hire a professional tutor.

What is the best letter to give to the School District to make this happen!

I am afraid they are going to pass him on to the 8th grade so they can get their funding, and also because he is in a special study period for people that need more attention.

Please help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 03:57 PM

Other than the study period, is he receiving services at this time or is he in general ed? Does he have an IEP or a 504 plan or is his situation one that he does not qualify?

How does his ADD effect his school work? Or does it? What is his behavior like at school?
    What was done this past school year to address the grades? Have you been in touch with is teachers during the year? Have you mentioned your concerns about him being promoted to anyone at the school? Is he truly not understanding the work or is he not doing the work? How does he do with homework?

You mentioned the diabetes... has this caused him to miss school?

Sorry, many questions but they can play a role.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would college end up holding me back? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 21 years old, and I've been playing in bands the past 6 years. My most recent bands have been able to tour 2 weeks at a time, about twice a year. My concern is that music is my all time dream, but I have a passion for design, and I'm looking into getting into a local art school for graphic...

Is my felony holding me back? [ 5 Answers ]

I committed a nonviolent felony (stole a car) when I was 18 in Atlanta. I am now 24 years old and realize that I need an education to get any farther in life than I am. I have just recently gotten my GED and plan on going into graphic design or architecture if I am able. My question is : Will this...

His best friend is holding him back [ 1 Answers ]

I met a guy in September last year through my bebo. He had commented on my music taste saying, 'You love Nirvana! How awesome, me too!' So then I asked for his msn and we got chatting. We finally met up about a week later, and got on really well with one another. He was too good to be true. ...

What's holding him back? [ 1 Answers ]

I met my ex at work in 2004. He had started exactly a week before me. I thought he was cute, but someone had told me he had been engaged for like a month or so. I thought to myself 'oh darn' I had no motive to go and bust them up. Him and I talked at work and eventually through emails and...

Possession.holding me back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Evryone! I'm a 16 yr.old female and I have been charged in juvinile court for possession of drugs and passing them out.. im on probation until August. Can this stop me from being able to get emancipated? Thanks!

View more questions Search