Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redneckprincess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 10:53 PM
    Can my boyfriend get a degree and a decent job if he has a felony?
    My boyfriend has a felony for attempted murder. He was a carpenter his entire life but just recently had back surgury and can no longer do that kind of work. I'm looking out for our future. I don't want to have to do it on my own. He's 36 and I'm 25 and I don't think its to late for him to go to college. I need some answers or some kind of help... :confused:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 05:55 AM

It can depend on what he wants to do. In some careers, his criminal record would preclude him from obtaining employment. Of course it would also depend on some companies policies as well.
    Are there other trades he is interested in that he would still be able to do?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

May 31, 2009, 06:10 AM

Degree yes.decent job will be up to him.but if he got a construction related degree I could see a felon being hired on as a superintendent with a good looking resume.whats he interested in?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckprincess View Post
    Can my boyfriend get a degree and a decent job if he has a felony?
    Hello redneck:

Sure. There IS life after prison.

excon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 12:46 PM

Since you are posting under education administration I am assuming you are thinking he would be an administrator. Most administration jobs require teaching experience, is this along the lines you are thinking. The degree is no problem but the felony will show in his background check. Only certain crimes preclude you from becoming certified and attempted murder does not fall into that category but it may give the HR department pause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd degree felony grand theft with a vop [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to find out information on what would be my best bet.the case is a bit complex but it is safe to say that the case was poorly represented and the evidence was week but I have two children that I'm raising on my own and they were my only concern at the time that I signed a conviction for...

How do I find a decent job with a felony? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been on probation for 2 years and have 3 years to go. I am having the most difficult time getting a decent job to survive with 3 kids. I had made a terrible mistake and now I feel I will never be able to overcome or see the light for the rest of my life. All jobs that supply any kinds of...

Where do you look for decent employment after you have a felony [ 1 Answers ]

I have a felony that is five years old. It is a federal charge of conspiracy to deliver five kilograms with the intent to distribute. I was sentenced to three years in federal prison and five years of probation. Since I have been out I have worked for a hotel as a front desk rep. and have gotten...

Can I enter Canada with a 3 degree felony [ 2 Answers ]

I am a United States Citizen, recently I was arrested for something I did not do, I hired an attorney to take care of the case and they find me not guilty of the third degree felony I was accused.I have a paper from the court proving I am not guilty. Now I am in the process to have the case...

View more questions Search