Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattyp719 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 06:19 PM
    How do you open ports on a router to connect your xbox 360 to it?
    How do you open ports on a router to connect your xbox360 to it?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 04:43 AM

Here is a link to some info from Microsoft that tells you which ports you need to open up.

If you're asking how to open ports, we need to know what router you have to give you more specific info. This site may be able to help you.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 03:28 PM

First we need to know what kind of router? All routers are different. Some easier to configure then others. Let us know!

For an xbox 360 you need yo open up port 3074. TCp and UDP.
    Rick
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 03:30 PM

Here's THE site to know for that: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening ports in a sagem f@st2504 wireless router [ 2 Answers ]

Help Can some kind person tell me in detail how to open ports 2350 & 3450 tcp & udp I know how to get into the router i.e. p/w etc. I say in detail as I am not sure what I am doing and don't wish to mess things up The reason for opening these ports is to allow me to...

Running an xbox 360 through composite ports on a PC [ 5 Answers ]

So I was pritty much wondering if I took the composite cable from my 360 and plugged it into the composite ports on my computer shown here: http://hardwarelogic.com/articles/Misc/OEMexperience/HP_OEM_A2.jpg If it would work, thanks

Map Ports For WinMx and a Wireless Router [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can map ports needed for WinMx to work on my Win XP machine that is connected to a D-Link wireless router and then a cable modem? All other apps work OK (IE6-etc) but when setting up WinMX (music sharing program) the setup tells me that it cannot set up TCP ports like 6699...

Opening Ports on a router [ 5 Answers ]

Have just upgraded to ADSL and tried to access a couple of game sites but when I try to enter a game am refused admission (did all the normal things register etc). Have been told by the SITE that I need to OPEN THE PORTS on my router. I have no idea what they are talking about and was advised to go...

View more questions Search