Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

May 28, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Has anyone ever accused you of lightening your skin?
    The only people that really say anything about the change in the color of my skin is my family. And I live with them and they know I do it because my mother does it lol. So Yeah. Otherwise no one has actually come right out and asked me if I bleach. They have to notice a difference. Seeing as how my skin color has changed. But since it's all even and my skin looks nice and clear, no one will say anything? Or they're maybe talking about me but just behind my back. It's whatever. Just curious if anyone has any stories to tell. Don't be shy!
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2009, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    The only people that really say anything about the change in the color of my skin is my family. And I live with them and they know I do it because my mother does it lol. So Yeah. Otherwise no one has actually come right out and asked me if I bleach. They have to notice a difference. Seeing as how my skin color has changed. But since it's all even and my skin looks nice and clear, no one will say anything? Or they're maybe talking about me but just behind my back. It's whatever. Just curious if anyone has any stories to tell. Don't be shy!

Well nobody asked me whether I'm bleaching when I got lighter by using bio claire.
    However my sis told me that my mother was thinking I'm on a skin lightening trip.
    But my sister (who doesn't really know about the whole skin lightening skin) answered that it might be because I hardly went out in the daylight for my six weeks of holidays. When holidays were over a classmate asked me whether I was locked up during the holidays cause I look a bit lighter. Other than that everybody was complimentint me and told me that I look different. But they didn't realize its also my skin (heck, I didn't even realize myself) that looks different. But attributed my new look and glow to the skin to my new hair do. (long, dark brown and wavy)
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

May 29, 2009, 06:34 AM

Yes lol.. my mom knows I'm doing it and told me to slow down.. said I was becoming too fair.. my friend saw me and said I loooked lighter and I just said oh I got rid of my acne scars that's y my face looks lighter lol... my other friend said I look different.. prettier but can't tell why lol...
    singing_cs Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

May 29, 2009, 12:34 PM

Which skin lightening products are you ladies using? Have you tried Makari? I'm really considering it, except the fact that a lot of people have had some breakouts from the products
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

May 30, 2009, 07:56 PM

Sweetchia,
    I was asked the same thing yrs ago. I had adult acne. (3 pimples per month DR said was acne)?
    I really did have a dr put me on Obagi which was 8% HQ w retin a at night. I wore hats & sunscreens which broke me out sometimes. They know I wear hats & shades, etc all the time. They know I'm a diva so it just me being me lol Im running from the some sun!
    Ive never really darkened after the HQ. I do maintain about once or twice a week.
    THOUGHT I could get my arms, legs, & back to match w mono & benz... WRONG!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Skin Lightening for Pale Skin [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering a few things. What would happen if someone that is extremely pale used skin lightner? Would it get rid of my redness? Scars? Freckles?

Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up [ 86 Answers ]

I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say...

View more questions Search