Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iceman18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 10:19 AM
    2 amps 2 subs
    OK now I don't know if my question is any different but here it goes... 2 amps 2 subs I have 2 lighting audio subs and 1 lightning audio amp and 1 alumni amp... both my subs are running 750w a piece and both my amps run 750 w a piece. Am I able to hook one amp to one speaker and the other to my other speaker... so basically 1 amp to 1 sub = 1 amp to the other sub. On my alumni amp I have line in and out can I hook from radio to line in and line out to my lightning audio amp and run one speaker to each giving it 750amp to 750 sub x2:(:(
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

May 28, 2009, 09:53 PM
    You didn't specify whether your sub-woofers were active or passive. If active, then the power output of the amplifiers is irrelevant!

The hookup you're describing sounds OK, though I'm not sure why you'd want to do it, unless this is for an outdoor/PA setup. Indoors you're likely to permanently damage your hearing (if you run it at anywhere near maximum output), unless the subs are horribly inefficient!

Just check that both amplifiers deliver the same phase signal from their outputs. If not, reverse the phase of one sub-woofer.

Daniel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost to upgrade from 100 amps to 200 amps and ground [ 4 Answers ]

StanFortyMan has made a lot of sense about my needs in a home with a 100 AMP Service.. I would like to upgrade to 200 amps.. with some ground sockets(or whatever this is called) and put in more sockets... The house is 1300 square feet... does anyone have a guestimate of costs?? Thanks, Annie

100 household amps vs 200 amps [ 6 Answers ]

I am living in an "old" house with 100 amps coming in. I am in the process of doing reconstruction and would like to know if I run all new wires and outlets and get rid of dusty broken wires and connection boxes left open to rot---Can I use the same fuses and wiring for 100 as for 200 or do I...

Changing from 100 amps to 200 amps [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas water heater (40 gallon tank). I want to change it to an electric tankless water heater. I have read that I need 200 amps in the house to do this, but currently I have only 100 amps. The outside meter is located only about 25 feet away, but the lines are underground. What is...

Amp and subs [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if running an amp whose rms watts is lower than the subs rms watts is bad for the subs, and if there is any way to raise the output of the amp without buying a new one?

I want subs/amps? I need help! =] [ 2 Answers ]

OK so heres the deal. I have a 2000 toyota corolla. but one problem... im electronically retarted. sooo if i want more bass... do i put in some subs or amps?? :confused: problly is a bad question but im not sure. like what do i need for this?! HELPPP ME!

View more questions Search