Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dee Raff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Former Countrywide Promises
    I was a Countrywide customer until Bank of America bought them out. My question is, I applied back in Dec. of 2008 for Countrywide' s Hope Program, for a loan modification. We sent Countrywide all of the required documents, along with the required hardship letter, we received a phone call from a woman from Countrywide telling me that we had been accepted, and that a loan officer would be calling us within the next several weeks. We never received that call. We had called them back many, many, times only to get recorded messages. Now, Bank of America has what they call The Home Retention Program, for the same modification, but we still can not get a mortgage consultant on the phone, to get this modification going. We are now over 60 days past due, have consulted a private org. for help and they can not get a human on the phone either. What can we do at this point to save our home? We have met all of their requirements, and No-one at either Company is holding up to their promises of helping us? Is there anything we can do legally? These banks have promised our Government that they would be helping people in our position when they received the bailout, yet they are ignoring their obligations, and hiding behind automated messages?
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2009, 09:06 AM

I would start going to your local office for Countrywide /Bank America. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Make a pain out of yourself and you will get someone to talk to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Countrywide PMI not in mortgage agreement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, this is a messy situation. Last year I settled a disability from a work injury. We decided to see what our options were as far a getting a better rate on our mortgage to try to keep making ends meet until I found another career, or job. We found what sounded like a good situation and the...

Countrywide Refinance - lied to on dates, payments, etc. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a home loan with Countrywide, and started a refinance process in March. It took them forever to get it all going, originally the new loan was going to start June 1st and I would skip the May payment. So, end of April comes and they finally get me the paperwork and "close" or whatever. ...

SHillarious PROMISES us [ 3 Answers ]

She will give back what the institutions have taken away from us through their wastefulness... BUT problem being... in her race to the White House----she has spent it... Oil industry Don't remember but was more than any other contributors. Lawyers/law firms $14,528,397

Looking for Lawyers who have successfully sued Countrywide Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to locate a lawyers to file a class action lawsuit against countrwide mortgage.

How to go about sueing countrywide home loans [ 1 Answers ]

After 30 months of daily reminders of a missed payment to countrywide home loan, company found the two lost payments and all they can say is sorry. Wrecked credit, fighting between husband and wife at the point of separtion. We feel this needs to be addressed and we want to sue. We had an lawyer...

View more questions Search