Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RARORA Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Wlan Setup
    How To Set Up Wlan Setup?
    I Have Got A Laptop With Wlan Installed And A Desk Top With Whom I Want To Connect .
    Please Help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2006, 01:00 PM
    I'm assuming by WLan you mean a Wireless or WiFi network. Just get yourself a wireless Broadband router. There are lots of them on the market.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 4, 2006, 01:15 PM
    This thread should point you in the right direction.

Oct 4, 2006, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    This thread should point you in the right direction.
    WHAT

Oct 4, 2006, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I'm assuming by WLan you mean a Wireless or WiFi network. Just get yourself a wireless Broadband router. There are lots of them on the market.
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Sir i purchased a usb wireless lan card for my desktop.my lap top is already wlan enabled.
    Won't it help me in connecting the systems.i don't want to use internet on these systems.
    Please advise me in details.
    BossMan

Oct 4, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Rarora, I posted a link that will help.
    Just click on the This Thread part and it will take you to the thread in question.
    BossMan

Oct 4, 2006, 01:55 PM
    Another way of doing this would be to setup and ad hoc wireless connection.
    Here's a whole bunch of links that cover this.
    I would NOT recommend this route as it is inherently insecure.
    Its fine for very occasional use, but not for an on going, more perminant, connection.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2006, 05:17 PM
    If you don't want to share the Internet (don't understand why not) you don't have to. Does your desktop already have an Ethernet card? You don't really need a wireless one for the desktop.

Get a wireless broadband router, connect the desktop to it via an Ethernet cable and connect the laptop using the Wifi adapter. The router will come with instructions on how to set it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Above Ground Pool Setup [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to set up a new 24' Above Ground Pool and could use a little Advice. I am going to be using foam board instead of sand, will I still need to dig up all existing grass or can it just be killed out. The only reason I would like not to disturb the ground very much is that it is very level...

Thermostat setup [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new thermostat installed in December 2004 - the heating has worked all winter. Now the central air does not work. The fan also does not work (switch from auto to on doesn't do anything.) The thermostat is a Honeywell CT3200, configuration as follows: R - Red Rc - Orange W - White Y -...

How can I setup a web server ? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone please give me directions how to built my personal webserver in WinXP pro? :confused:

Setup VB package [ 0 Answers ]

Hi.. When I want to run setup.exe for my VB package into Windows 2000 professional this message appeared ; "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK If you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows...

View more questions Search