gawande_amit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 11:27 AM
    Validity of likert scale
    I am constructing a likert scale. How could I know about its validity
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2006, 01:04 PM
    From here:
    "In principle, it's a good idea to run the test on a group whose attitudes are known. For example, you would expect British National Party members to score negatively on attitudes to ethnic minorities. If they don't, there's something wrong with your survey. If they do, then your test is valid. In practice, though, it's not always easily possible to find such a group."

And here's a more in-depth article you should find helpful:
    http://jonjayray.tripod.com/consval.html
    naman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 12:49 AM
    I'm doing a demographic survey in my city .which of the sampling technique should I use?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Likert scales and statistics [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have done a survey that is trying to find the opinions about various aspects of HR and how these opinions differ in the public and private sector. The survey I have used involves a Likert scale. Any recommendations as to what sort of statistical analysis I should try? Thanks

Fahrenheit scale [ 1 Answers ]

Most countries use the metric system, including in weather reports. Most airports now have automated weather systems that disseminate reports using the Celsius scale for temperature, and meters/second for wind speed. Do you think the U.S. should eliminate the Fahrenheit scale entirely and report...

View more questions Search