Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roseflower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 09:56 PM
    My yorkie has Poop blocking him to poop.
    I noticed that my 10 week old Yorkie was trying to poop like 5 times in a roll, he was trying real hard and I noticed that there was nothing to pick up. He did the same thing serval times. I looked at his anal and there is hard poop that is blocking him to poop. What do I do? :confused:
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 28, 2009, 12:30 AM

Try rubbing his bottom with a warm washcloth. If it doesn't look any better take him to the vet. He could get seriously injured from being blocked up like that.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 02:51 AM

Have you been feeding him the same thing?
    Changed his diet at all?
    A sudden change in diet can often result in either constipation or diarreah.

Has he had access to anything that he could have swallow?
    Kids toys, bottle caps etc?
    Things they have swallowed can often cause bowel obstructions.

Like Megan said... get a warm, wet washcloth and hold it against his anus for a few minutes to try and soften to poop.
    Then try to wipe it away gently.

If you can get it off and he is still having trouble then take him to the vet immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat does not poop. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a four week and five day old single birth kitten. I have not seen any poop lying around or any wet spots. We have not seen any poop since the day he was born. He seems healthy and fine. He runs around and plays, nibbles on things. But I heard from another question that a disstended...

Uses pee pad to pee, but never to poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Chihuahua that’s about 3 months and I trained him to use pee pads in the house, he was doing really good so then I bought a litter box with no lid and put his pee pad in there to try and get him to be box trained, he wouldn’t use it, and started peeing and pooping on the floor, so I took...

Dog Poop [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is has been having stomach problems the last few days, he is up all night trying to poop and when he does its slimy and has a tint of green. What does this mean? What is this?

Pet poop [ 10 Answers ]

I can't stop my shelty from craping in my basement. He does it when I am in bed or in the shower. I bring him out he just pee's. I stick his nose in it. He is 2 years old and I thought he would not do this anymore! What can I do?:confused:

Dog will not pee or poop outside [ 1 Answers ]

I just adopted a 2 year old greyhound terrier mix from the kennel four weeks ago. The kennel said that he was an inside dog. The problem is getting him to go to potty outside. He seems to be shy about peeing and pooping. I have taking him for a two hour walk through the park and around the block...

View more questions Search