Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cforsell Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Recruiting "Work From Home" workers.
    I own a local news and information web site. The site contains a 15 page section for every residential zip code in the United States (33,507 of them). I am recruiting a person in every zip code to manage their zip codes section of the site, in exchange for 50% commission on all advertising sold.

I have a very long list of ways that I have been trying to get Zip Code Managers (ZCM's) signed up. I have about 80 to date.

The site is growing about 50% per month. This month it will have about 200,000 page views.

The existing ZCM's range from 19-70's, and are about 70% female. I am looking for people who are interested in serving the community.

Any suggestions?

(ConnectionsPlanet - Your Connection to the world
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 11:22 AM

Hi, cforsell!

In what ways have you already advertised for these jobs, please?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2009, 11:34 AM

Ok, out of character for me, and I respect they did not post their web site name. But I have to ask,
    Can you post your site link so we can take a look at it.

Also in what ways do you compensate the workers, what are they doing for you to earn the money.
    ** you are competing against 10,000 scam work at home companies so that is always part of the issue
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Well fill me in more and if its legit and I don't have to do some start up fee I will do it for my zip... big maybe.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Ok, out of character for me, and I respect they did not post thier web site name. but I have to ask,
    Can you post your site link so we can take a look at it.

Also in what ways do you compensate the workers, what are they doing for you to earn the money.
    ** you are competing against 10,000 scam work at home companies so that is always part of the issue
    Hi, Chuck!

The site link is at the bottom of the original post. I've already looked at it.

Thanks!
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

May 28, 2009, 06:53 PM

I would mind if not start up I can do it for my zip... and hoping it is legit
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2009, 07:00 PM

My age showing, on work computer today, the links are so light I missed them

May 29, 2009, 12:03 AM

Greetings,
    Well, what have I tried already?

• I emailed 3500 county republican and democrat party managers offering grass roots marketing opportunity. 6 responses, none good.
    • I emailed 2300 visitors and convention bureaus. 1 positive response.
    • Sent emails to 1700 chambers of commerce. 1 positive response.
    • I posted announcements on 16 work from home web sites. 40 or so positive responses.
    • Started a blog... gets 20,000 hits/month.
    • Got a 20 second mention on Glenn Beck Radio show. Doubled traffic to the site.
    • Provide a 6 part lesson on stress free selling. Has been downloaded 1200 times.
    • Have posted to as many forums as possible (with links back to the site.
    • Have submitted press releases to a hand full of "submit sites".
    • Everytime I see fresh content on any zip code site, I submit (by hand) to 23 search engines and directories.

Google spiders my entire site (over 550,000 pages) on average once every 14 minutes (average for last two months).

---------------------------------------

Compensation: Zip Code managers work about 40-50 hours per month and are compensated 50% for all ads sold. If they sell all ads for their zipcode, they earn $2,250/month. Additional income is possible by selling display ads (example ConnectionsPlanet - Your Connection to the world | 99515 | Home Page ) For that ad, the zip code manager scanned a business card, emailed it to me, I tweeked it and placed it on the pages.

After a zip code manager "nails down" their site, they are free to send a list of adjoining zip codes that they want to add.

ZCM's can also sell ads for multiple zipcodes. If a business wants to advertise in all zip codes within 50 miles that have atlease 20 residents over 85 years old, I will do the research for the zcm and help with pricing.

There is no cost to the ZCM other than if they choose to print stationary or other "self employed expences".

I have consulted with SBA, SCORE, IRS, US Chamber of Commerce, etc... More on Connection Planet's work from home opportunities on About.com

What else am I missing??

May 30, 2009, 06:45 PM

A couple of you said that you might be interested in becoming a zip code manager for your zip codes. More information is at ConnectionsPlanet - Your Connection to the world . There is a link at the bottom of the page for an online application.

There is no fee or charge, other than any business expenses that you choose to take on (business cards, ect)

Can anyone suggest a way I have not thought of to get the word out about this site?
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 06:54 PM

Hi again, cforsell!

If someone were to be looking for the type of thing that you're offering, what would be the possibilities of search terms that they would use in a search engine?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 06:54 PM

Hi again, cforsell!

If someone were to be looking for the type of thing that you're offering, what would be the possibilities of search terms that they would use in a search engine?

Thanks!

May 30, 2009, 07:20 PM

Instead of promoting the overall site, I assume that a person using the site would be searching for a specific city or zip code.

As I see content added to a site, I submit that zip code with the city, state, zip code. Then I pull keywords from the content that they have added.
    For example, Zip Code 99515 (Anchorage, AK) I use keywords: CONTENT="anchorage, alaska, 99515, Deborah, Lovel, Bryner, Journey To A Dream, Mary Lovel, connections planet, virtual community, comunity, zip code, news, business directory, business, directory, business news, census, churches, community events, community info, comunity information, community resources, government offices, health care, military, public safety, real estate, school, sports" I know that this is a long list, but I spoke with folks at "a major search engine" and they advised loading it down.

I hope that I have answered your question.

Carl
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 07:28 PM
    But, what are specific words that a person would type in order to find your site in the first place?

Please click HERE. What you'll see for a number of pages in the search is mostly about what I do.

Thanks!

May 30, 2009, 07:44 PM

To find the site: connectionsplanet, connections planet, zcm , zip code manager, carl, carl forsell, 68701, teaparty .

According to my server log, those are the most commonly used search terms (in order).
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 07:48 PM

Most often, people do searches for things not by the name of the company or name of the person that runs the site or company.

You could probably double or even triple the number of people who'll find your site if you word things the way that most people will search.

I'm just making an unsolicited suggestion to you.

Did you click on the link that I provided?

Thanks!

May 30, 2009, 08:05 PM
    I appreciate your suggestions and will evaluate how I can improve on what I am doing.

The primary problem does not seem to be getting people to the site. As of tonight (5/30/09) I have had 176,086 page views for the month. Page views have been growing at 50-70% per month.

Again, thank you for your input.

Carl
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Hi again, Carl!

Have you done tests on search engines to see if people are able to find you, not because of your name or the name of the business, but because they might be looking for the particular service that you might provide for them?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

Grammar: "Work with Ceramic" or "Work with Ceramics?" [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Everyone, I have a quick question regarding English grammar. In a sentence, should it be "work with ceramic" or "work with ceramics?" For example, the sentence is "I would like to draw, paint, and work with ceramic(s)." Which is the correct one? Thank you, Victor Ly

View more questions Search