Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CGCLEANER Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 07:51 PM
    antique ?
    I have inherited several things, that I know some are antiques but not sure about the others, does anyone know how I can post pics, and if someone can tell me if they are antiques and what the value of them may be??

thanks, angie
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 28, 2009, 02:33 AM

Hi angie. Why don't you have an estate agent visit and look over what you have and advise you properly. You can contact an antique dealer in your area.

Tick
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 11:04 AM

Hi, CGCLEANER!

Yes, we can give you an idea of approximate value here. However, if you need it to be an official appraisal, then you would need to contact an entity who is duly qualified and authorized to give official appraisals who would be able to examine them in person.

You can upload and post images by clicking on the Answer this Question and then clicking on the little image of a paper clip that you'll find at the top of the answer box.

Thanks!

May 29, 2009, 12:06 PM

Trying to upload image , but can't get it to work, clicked on paper clip, and then add attachements but still not working, can anyone help?
    Thanks, angie

May 29, 2009, 12:17 PM
    can anyone tell me if this is truly a antique? And if so what is the value you think.?

thanks, angie
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 12:41 PM

Are their any markings on it that would help identify where it came from or something?

I found an identical one on this site
    antique metal boot - Live Search Images

It says it is made to look antique and they want $24.00
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Hi again,CGCLEANER!

What are the measured dimensions of the boot, please?

When posting images where it's hard to tell the size of something, it would help to have a ruler and/or coin in the image so that we can be able to tell what size something is.

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2009, 05:28 AM
    Here are a few more items, computer is so slow only can do a few at a time.

One is a headboard, and it has the end board also with same markings,

One is a singer sewing machine, don't know much about it.

And the last is a stand, I have 2 of these and they are about 3 feet tall each.

Thanks, angie
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:15 PM

I doubt the sewing machine is worth more than a hundred to a hundred fifty if that.
    The drawers are missing and in mint condition a treadle sewing machine is only worth a hundred some.

My guess is you could probably get around three hundred for all three pieces.
    leftie224 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 05:18 PM
    If you can get 300 for the 3 pieces, kiss that person and offer to hep carry. The sewing machine needs refinished, and is missing drawers, its good for parts only. The stand is made of a cheap wood, with dk red staining to make it appear as if it were mahogany, that gets lost when refinished, and its generally pine wood. Take 20 or 30 for it, and never think about it again. The bed appears to be the same scenario. Cheap wood stained to look like mahogany. Looks as though somebody tried to refinish it, poorly. Sorry, callem as I see them.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 5, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leftie224 View Post
    If you can get 300 for the 3 pieces, kiss that person and offer to hep carry. The sewing machine needs refinished, and is missing drawers, its good for parts only. The stand is made of a cheap wood, with dk red staining to make it appear as if it were mahogany, that gets lost when refinished, and its generally pine wood. Take 20 or 30 for it, and never think about it again. The bed appears to be the same scenario. Cheap wood stained to look like mahogany. Looks as though somebody tried to refinish it, poorly. Sorry, callem as I see them.
    Leftie, you are answering old posts. Good input, but answer some new ones!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique without stripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older dresser that has been in a child's room that is a pale yellow. I am moving it to a different room but want to make it look antique. Does anyone have advice on how to make this piece look older without stripping the existing paint? Thanks for your time.

How can I find out if I have an antique? [ 2 Answers ]

I am cleaning out items in for a garage sale. I have two items in particular that I believe that maybe a collectible or antique. How can I find out? I tried to Google the items and did not receive the information I was looking for? Thanks.

Antique flute [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Buescher True Tone flute that I would like to know it's worth. It was made in Elkhart Indiana. The number on it is either 073 or 673 as it is hard to tell. I called the Buescher company and they didn't seem to know anything about it. I was told by my repairman that it was made around 1905....

Antique Buffet [ 1 Answers ]

Are there markings on furniture indicating the manufacturer?

View more questions Search