Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grass123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Outdoor Windows
    Any advice on what company I can use for New Windows for the home ? Looking for a window that won 't have condensation in the winter when it gets cold . Appreciate it . I live in the Midwest .:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 04:16 PM

Hi, grassl23, again. You will have to introduce yourself to two or three glass window installers in your area (this is a site that reaches worldwide) and get the best quote.

Regards

Tick
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 27, 2009, 07:22 PM

I agree, you are in the market for a thermopane window. Insulated glass can two or more layers of glass as well as film that reflects some UV. Start by visiting a place like Home Depot and talk with their window guy, HD also installs. You can then make an educated deciusion by getting 3 bids from sales/installation companies. Do not necesssarily go with the lowest bidder.
    grass123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 04:23 AM

Thanks for the help neighbor!
    glassdoc Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 11:02 AM

Price should definitely not be the only factor. If you want to avoid condensation on the inside of your house get High Performance Glass. Depending on how cold it gets you may not be able to completely escape condensation. Vinyl or wood windows with High Performance Glass will be your best bet. Call your local Glass Doctor or other glass shop. They have more experience with the effects of weather on your windows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to insert Windows 98 in domain under windows 2000 server [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I would need information how can I insert a PC running on it Windows 98 in a domain? On my server is running windows 2000. Thank You in advance.

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Female outdoor cat not accepting new male outdoor cat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old spayed female cat that has always lived in our garage and is very spoiled. We live out in the country. A male cat about two years old that is very sweet also showed up and is now neutered. He is not dominate to the female and wants to live in the garage also. They each have...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

View more questions Search