Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennyunderwood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Mexican cream sauce
    I need a recipe for a mexican cream sauce. I know that it has sour cream and parmesan cheese in it and at the mexican restaurant it is call polo con creama I tried finding it on the internet but can't find it any where hopefully someone out there will know how to make it. I can also tell you that it is just a cream sauce there is not peppers in it or mushrooms or anything like that and it is a pale tan color
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Since no one has answered you, you can try what I usually do when I can't find a recipe from a restaurant and they don't seem like they are willing to give it up.

I call the restaurant and (VERY nicely) explain that I THINK I might have had a allergic reaction to something I ate, can you PLEASE tell me what's it in, so I can rule that dish out? :o

You can usually figure out the quantities later if you have a list of ingredients. :D
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 03:57 PM

Well no wonder you couldn't find it "polo con creama " means chicken with cream.

I think what your looking for is the homemade sour cream.

Here is a site:
    Homemade Mexican crema. This Mexican sour cream is easy to make at home

Here is one recipe:

MEXICAN CREAM
    From Cooking Section, October 2002

Ingredients needed:

* One-fourth cup sour cream
    * One-fourth cup coconut milk or heavy cream
    * One-half teaspoon lime juice

-Mix together.
    -Ready to eat.

Good luck,

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shrimp in Lobster Sauce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi massplumber, I think I found the right place. You mentioned Shrimp in Lobster Sauce (Oh, YUM!) and you might post the recipe. PLEASE do post it for us. I would love a good recipe for that as well. I did copy your onion soup recipe and can't wait to try it. Thanks, noss

Sweet Vinegar tomato Mexican Sauce [ 2 Answers ]

Before I moved I went to a restaurant called Nachos. They of course served the best Nachos! They had this thin sweet vinegar tomato type sauce that they poured over them. I have searched and searched for some kind of recipe like this. I usually end up finding recipes for vinegar hot sauce or an...

Easy Tomato Sauce [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there looking for an easy pasta sauce... hate wasting my money on pesto etc... Many thanks

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

Is Hot Sauce Bad For Dogs? [ 4 Answers ]

My 13 week old Dane gets in to and onto every thing. He had a taste of some hot sauce. Don't know if if will hut him,aside from the burn. Are there any dangers? Thanks

View more questions Search