Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Download music onto iPod nano off window's media player
    I am going to be getting an iPod nano soon, and I already have a MP3 which I downloaded music onto from my Window's Media Player. So I was wondering, can I download music from my Window's Media Player onto my iPod, or is it just strictly iTunes?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 10:33 AM

No, it will not work with windows media player.

There are some alternatives to iTunes but none of them are as good in my opinion.
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

May 28, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    No, it will not work with windows media player.

There are some alternatives to iTunes but none of them are as good in my opinion.
    Ok, thank you. But I can download cd's onto iTunes right, and then download them onto my iPod? I heard I could.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 28, 2009, 05:27 PM

Yes you can! You can convert the files. On I tunes click file and import. Then select the files from you're my music folder. Its takes a long time to convert them though. You have to select 1 folder at a time.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 12:38 PM

Xoxolove is right.
    I actually prefer to buy my music through the iTunes store rather than buying cd's these days. The quality is much better.
    But if you already have cd's that you want to put on there go for it!
    Once you put a cd into your drive and open iTunes it will automatically be displayed in the bar on the left... then it's just a matter of highlighting the songs, dragging them and dropping them into your iPod.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 30, 2009, 04:36 PM

There probably is an easier way to move old music into itunes I just can't figure out how. It's a pain converting the files individually. My old mp3 player could sync music directly from windows media player in seconds! I wish the iPod could do that.

I would actually rather convert the old files or upload cds rather than buyng them from itunes. But if you are going to buy new music that you don't have on your computer or cds you should just buy them online. It's usually cheaper than buying cds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put music videos on my iPod nano? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have an I pod nano and its able to have music videos but I don't know how to put ithem on there... so help me

Loading music from my Itunes to my IPOD nano 1Gb [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can help with this, I'd surely appreciate it. My IPOD, after hooking up to my computer and itunes, will not allow me to move music to the IPOD. Well, it actually Detects the IPOD in recovery mode, but after the restore, the IPOD will go back to a blinking Do not disconnect, even after...

Ipod nano downloading/free music [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: This is my first time using any MP3 player on my own and have no idea where to start Can someone PLEASE tell me step by step directions for downloading songs? Also I know someone who gets free songs off this website but I don't know what it is, is there anyway to get free...

What do you think of the SanDisk Sansa player? [ 3 Answers ]

SanDisk Sansa™ c100 Series MP3 Player (1G.)... or Ipod Nano 1G ? What to do, which one shall I get?. the Sansa comes with FMradio with 20 pre-set stations and it turns out to be cheaper!. hey, 30 bucks lesss... Any advice ? Peace, Rene

View more questions Search