Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcgm802820 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2009, 08:24 AM

mepk5, please let us know how you're doing. Best of luck on your new mono journey!!
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 10, 2009, 09:38 AM

Hey mcmg hwo have you been/ has the lightening taken its full course on you ?

I'm trying steam sauna everything and its still not woking for me !

Aug 10, 2009, 10:53 AM

Hi, imgorgeous, I am making progress on my mono project. I have a lot of spots on my calfs now. My upper arms are lightening a lot but not my forearms. I am in my 5th month and hopefully my hands will be done in another few months. It's a slow process and I don't think I'll be done soon since I's told that it will take one to two years... How have you been ? How is your HQ going on you ?

Aug 12, 2009, 08:49 AM

Hi mepk5, Yes, I'm making very slow progress since I was using it only on my hands and legs for a couple of months then I started to use it all over my body except my face since a couple of months ago. I do have spots on my hands and legs and most of them were connected. I have new spots come out on my calfs now. My uncle told me that it will take another one/two years to finish the treatment. Don't worry since you have viltilgo, mono will work on you for sure. What is your Dr. told you that how long will it take to finish ? I have very little viltiligo to start with and that's why it will take longer. I have a lot of viltiligo friends and most of them take about a year, a year and a half to finish. Let us know how it go and best of luck to you on your new mono journey.
    jystyn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Princess View Post
    Im desperate to depig my skin also. i just bought some mono cream from Fairnglw and i dont think it working. can someone please help me out by telling me where I can get the real deal? thanking in advance.
    I'm in the process of getting pharmaceutical grade Benoquin USP from a legitimate organization at a very reasonable price. If this deal goes through, I will let you know and provide the contact information.

Aug 13, 2009, 09:12 AM

jystyn, I would like to know that too since I am paying the powder plus the compounding charges. Please let me know the contact information too. Thanks in advance.
    slimgoody Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 08:43 PM

Ok I've tried this once and failed to get a response, so I figure I'll try again, here goes. I'm in search of a supplier for the mono powder if anyone on this thread is willing to share their info on a supplier I would greatly appreciate it... thanks in advance
    My email [email protected]

Aug 17, 2009, 09:56 AM

mepk5, I don't mix mine, a local pharmacy do it for my prescription. I am sure if your mono powder is pure or real, the pharmacy will be willing to buy it back from you. You may want to try and nothing to loose. I am not sure who told you that you shouldn't get spots. Several of my vitiligo friends even get niew spots when they were under mono treatment. Some even have hyperpigmentation. But, at the end, they all are in one color. I am hoping that I'll be in one color in one year too. Cheer. I am sure you'll be fine too. Hope all the best for you !

Aug 19, 2009, 07:54 AM

mepk5, I used a mixture from one of my friend who got mono powder from Anil for my first sevral months. I used it on and off because I got irritation and rashes, even with 5%. Just I got used to her mono, she left and I have no choice but to let my family know that I am treating my vitiligo with depigmentation. My uncle prescribes 20% for me and he may move up to 40% for me soon since I don't have any more irritation and rashes with the cream. Mine is coumpounded and I get it in a jar. It is expensive, $90 for 60g. I got darker at first, then spots. But, the spots are connected slowly. I also started to see lightening but very slow too. My spots are mostly on my feet and body. My spots on my hands are connected and now with two colors. The whiter skin is expanded slower. I am not putting mono on my face because my uncle says "no". One will not notice my spots unless they are very close to me since I am fair with light olive color. Good luck to your mono treatment.

Aug 20, 2009, 09:29 AM

Mepk, I think people without vitiligo (one color of skin) are lucky, no matter what color they are :)... I have 10+% vitiligo for a long time and did not increase or get worse and they are mostly on my hands and feet. I have several vitiligo friends (30% - 60%) who have treated with all kinds of treatments : repigmentation and depigmentation. I think mono gives good results and cheaper for most of them. I decided to treat my vitiligo in Oct. 2008 because my vitiligo started to show up on my face and my friends all encourage me to do so. I can cover my hands and feet all the time, but I hate to do so for my face. I went through repigmentation routes : topical therapies such as steroids, V-tar, and natural therapies such as taking folic acid and Vitamin B-12 for years since my vitiligo are less than 20% and my family wanted me to do so. Nothing really help and started to get worse since middle of 2008. I tried with phototherapy (PUVA) for 3/4 months and had to stop due to stomach upset and burning problem. I decided to use mono after I have learned all other treatment options. Now, with my family's support, I am hanging in there. BTW, sounds like you'll be a good candidate for mono treatment if the sports are spreading by themselves now. That means, you will be depigmented sooner. Best of luck to your DR's appointment. Let us know how it goes.
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 07:51 AM

Hey mepk

Just came bak from miami.. and got a crazy tan.. its funny how quicky the skin can get dark but takes forever to lighten.. ughh

Nwyayz why are we still on mono.. that stuff will ruin in the long run... isn't there anythig new yet ?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chandani View Post
    hey mepk

just came bak from miami..and got a crazy tan..its funny how quicky the skin can get dark but takes forever to lighten..ughh

nwyayz why are we still on mono..that stuff will ruin in the long run... isnt there anythig new yet ?
    Mequinol seems to possibly be promising. It is known to be milder than mono but stronger than Hq, so I'm still trying to read as much as I can about this.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 07:07 AM

Getting it without a script is difficult though
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 12:43 PM
    You mean for the mequinol? That's what I heard, but there has to be somewhere that sells the real thing without prescription I hope?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:21 AM

I think you can buy menoquil online without a doctor perscription, but you only apply it on the area you want to lighten so if your spotted from mono like me you would have to apply to the dark areas only and not to the entire skin surface. Menoquil aka solage is only suppose to me used to fade age and liver spots and once the area is faded your suppose to discontinue usage.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    i think you can buy menoquil online without a doctor perscription, but you only apply it on the area you want to lighten so if your spotted from mono like me you would have to apply to the dark areas only and not to the entire skin surface. Menoquil aka solage is only suppose to me used to fade age and liver spots and once the area is faded your suppose to discontinue usage.
    Menoquil is something different than what I was mentioning. Menoquil is for older women with menopause who are suffering from hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, and lack of libido.
    The one I'm mentioning is mequinol aka Solage Mequinol/Tretinoin Facts and Comparisons at Drugs.com, Solage (Mequinol and Tretinoin) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

Mepk please let me know what your doctor states about the use of this product and how it affects the skin..

It's recommened you can use Mequinol 2% (depigmentation agent) & Tretinoin 0.01% (topical retinoid) to help lighten the skin. But, I don't know if it gradually lightens or completely depigments the skin like mono?
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 11:19 AM

I remember seeing these tubes of menoquil/tretinoin.. on canadian pharmacies.. but I'm not so sure about their potency.. right now I'm not really sure about any of these stuff anymore
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:18 PM
    Thanks Chandani. Do you think the sites are genuine and sell authentic mequinone? What are you currently using?
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mepk5 View Post
    I wont have a problem ..... Im going to get it from a dr if he think it will help.....

thanks Golden girl, that's is a great option..... Thanks!!! I will ask the Dr. & see what he thinks. perhaps its cheaper than their cream or the Pharmacist cream........ good to know!!!
    Hmmm...
    jystyn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgm802820 View Post
    jystyn, I would like to know that too since I am paying the powder plus the compounding charges. Please let me know the contact information too. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry I took so long, but I was jumping through hoops just to get a couple of pots of mono! I can't put out the info completely. I can tell you more if you pm me. I can tell you that it's a compound which means it can be easily combined with creams and oil. I've been combining mono with avon anew alternative (a thin layer of that, then a thin layer of mono). It stings like 15-20% glyco but damn if it doesn't do the job. The spots are there on my leg but they aren't obvious unless you point them out. The area I'm lightening has lightened 2 solid shades and that is in 2 months. The crusting has dimnished and I keep the area moisturised with anew and bio-oil to cut down on that. I'm pretty satisfied with the results and I plan on ordering from them again. The one thing I can tell you is that mono/beno is on a substance watch list in north america since 2005 so if you do buy the tube from india especially check the expiry date on the crinkle part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lighten by very few shades [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know a good product or very safe one? I want to lighten my skin very little not a whole lot, like bio claire would do. And I heard there was some remedy, but I forgot anyone know?

How many shades and how fast [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, For those who used whiterskin complex, how many shades did you get from it and do you compliment it with some other cream or not. Also how fast did it work, I'm still waiting for my order. Thanks Also, thank you AskMeHelpdesk and all who contribute to having this forum.it is a pretty good...

View more questions Search