Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelyrenae Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 05:00 AM
    No matter how determine I am, it never works.
    Hayya,

My name is Renae and I want to be fitter and healthier for a teenager.
    I can’t stop myself from eating junky food. I have tried hiding the junk food, my dad loves junk food so he won’t stop buying it, and I have tried eating healthy food when ever I’m hungry e.g.. Apples, mandarins, bananas, fat free yogurt, cheese, full grand bread ect…
    But I still craved junk food; it started as a comfort thing, now it becomes a BAD habit. I weigh 71kl and roughly 155-7cm tall. I am not very happy with the way my body looks. What should I eat for lunch at school? Other than sandwiches or fruits!

Please help change my diet, with useful ideas.

Thanks again
    X
    Dr Retclass Posts: 12, Reputation: 5

May 27, 2009, 05:38 AM

Hello Renae. You have asked one of life's toughest questions. What to eat? You cannot go wrong with vegetables and fruits. But junk food is tasty, sometimes it is so hard to fight the urge. You have to really want to change your eating habits and without parental support it makes it tougher. If you eat whole grains and lean meats you will be doing all right. I do not cut all junk foods out of my diet I just limit them. The way I do it is to try and eat as healthy as I can during the week and on Saturdays I have my pizza or maybe a slice of cake or something similar. It really makes me look forward to Saturdays but I find that during the week I rarely eat junk food anymore. I usually put it back so I can enjoy it more on Saturday. I would see if your school has a nutritionist or talk to your doctor about setting up a good food plan for you. Remember do not get too frustrated about food; it is a struggle that many people deal with their whole lives. I wish you the best of success in finding something that works for you.

May 27, 2009, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Retclass View Post
    Hello Renae. You have asked one of life's toughest questions. What to eat? You cannot go wrong with vegetables and fruits. But junk food is tasty, sometimes it is so hard to fight the urge. You have to really want to change your eating habits and without parental support it makes it tougher. If you eat whole grains and lean meats you will be doing all right. I do not cut all junk foods out of my diet I just limit them. The way I do it is to try and eat as healthy as I can during the week and on Saturdays I have my pizza or maybe a slice of cake or something similar. It really makes me look forward to Saturdays but I find that during the week I rarely eat junk food anymore. I usually put it back so I can enjoy it more on Saturday. I would see if your school has a nutritionist or talk to your doctor about setting up a good food plan for you. Remember do not get too frustrated about food; it is a struggle that many people deal with their whole lives. I wish you the best of success in finding something that works for you.
    I appreciate your answer, never did I realised that this it the life toughest Q.
    I agree with eating the right food and treating yourself with a slice of chocolate cake
    On Saturday if possible...

THX
    s32sharma Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 06:04 AM

Hey renae, just chill weight is'nt a problem nowadays.you are too young too think about it, I'm about your age myself . I'll tell you that if you want to look fitter then instead of eating lots in three meals just have 5-6 mini meals so the ft gets distrubuted . If eat lots at once the fat gets glutted in some particular place. I am not much less in weight than you I'm 56kg but it doesn't look because I'm tall. Maybe try and increase your heigt if can't quittn on your and my favorite junkies
    Xox
    Shereen
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 04:28 PM

Hi, lovelyrenae!

How are you doing with eating healthier foods and avoiding the food that's not as good for you?

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2009, 01:23 AM

Yeah good thanks, I have been cutting down on eating junk food. I eat a lot of fruit everyday. Sometimes I would not help myself and pinch a treat now and then. :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If "Faith without works is dead" What do you consider works? [ 30 Answers ]

We have all heard the biblical quote of "Faith without works is dead". So, what then exactly are these works? Many people say that simply beign a good Christian and regularly gong to church are works. But how can that be works? How can sitting in church each week and being a good person be...

Can I, and how, move files from MS Works 3.5 to Works 9. [ 3 Answers ]

How can I move my spreadsheet files from MS Works 3.5 to Works 9?

Remote works, light works, fan humms does not turn [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Hamton Bay fan with a remote/no pull chain. The light on the remote comes on and does properly operate the light on the fan. It also turns on and off a humming noise but there is no movement from the fan itself. Of course, the house did not come with an owners manual. Is...

Ms works database to ms works spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Have tried copy/paste but I get a message stating "make sure the destination area is as large as the info you wish to paste" .Anyone help please?

View more questions Search