Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrayonScribbles Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2009, 03:51 AM
    Swollen eye
    Well I'm not sure if this is the section to put this post but any help would be nice.

Last night I noticed (after washing my face with my everyday wash) that my right eye was extremely swollen.

I do not have allergies, my mother and older brother do but I never have.

I did go to the doctor before this and they gave me a chicken pox shot... maybe this has to do with it?

I tried applying water, salt water, and just sleeping but it hasn't went down at all..

Are there any ways I can get rid of this? Taking medicine, just waiting it out?

Any help is appreciated

Thank you,
    Brandy

P.s.
    Sorry I meant for the title to say "swollen" eye
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 03:53 AM

Try and ice pack, on and off. You could have been bitten by a bug. Sensitive area.

Tick
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 27, 2009, 11:50 AM

How long has it been this way? I would call an Optometrist and ask what it could be, they'll most likely tell you to come in so that they can check it out. I would suggest going to the eye doctor and seeing what is going on. It could be a number of things. It could be pink eye. It really could be a few different things. Please seek medical attention if this persists or gets worse.
    CrayonScribbles Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2009, 01:46 PM

Thank you for the advice...
    It has only been this way since about 8pm last night..
    The swelling has gone down a little but its still puffy
    SanC Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:49 PM

Is the whole eye swolen? Because if it's just one section like the lower lid or the corner of the upper lid then u could have a chalazion
    SanC Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:51 PM
    Some of the symptoms of a chalazion are

Eyelid tenderness
    Increased tearing
    Painful swelling on the eyelid
    Sensitivity to light

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen knees? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 33, and never had any problem with water on the knees. I went to the beach and got sunburnt aqnd all the sudden major pain. Anyone know what's this about?

My rat has a swollen eye [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Ok so one of my pet rats has a really swollen eye. I have read up on some infections that rats get and some of them can be fatal. I called the only vet in the area and they said they wouldn't know what to do because they don't specialize in pets such as rats because they are a pest more...

Swollen all over [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new to this so here goes... my ankles, stomach, fingers and face have been very swollen or bloated. I've always been the type to retain water, but lately my ankles and heals hurts and feel very tight and sometimes I have pains in them. I look like I am 7 months pregnant (I'm...

My kittenhas a swollen eye [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 day old abandon kittenhas a swollen eye I am feeding it through a bottle because its mum kept leaving it out of the box. Now one of its eyeshave swollen up and I don't know what to do? Some one help.

View more questions Search